Quote by Abscess Myspace

ABSCESS has officially broken up

Greetings, sickos. We need to inform you that Abscess has officially broken up. The reason for this is that Clint Bower has left the band for personal reasons and out of respect to him and to all who have supported us for these 16 years, we have decided to call it a day. Without Clint Bower, there can be no Abscess so we won't even try to cheat anyone with something that is not the real thing. "Dawn of Inhumanity" has become our final statement and we feel that it is the perfect way to close the Abscess chapter since we must do so. Thanks to all of you who were and still are proud to call yourselves Abscess Freaks!
The other side of this statement is to announce that Autopsy is offcially active again. With the line up of Eric Cutler and Danny Coralles on guitars, Chris Reifert on drums/vocals and Joe Trevisano (formerly Allen) on bass, Autopsy is now the full time focus. Longtime friend and bass destroyer Dan Lilker has performed with Autopsy at Maryland Death Fest VIII and will also do so at the upcoming Party San and Hole in the Sky festivals in August of this year before Joe Trevisano takes over full time on bass. A new Autopsy E.P. and full length album are in the works and will be released on Peaceville records along with an upcoming documentary dvd. Also in the works is a new official Autopsy website, so keep your eyes open for that. Any other Autopsy sites or pages out there are fan sites and not run by the band.
Again, thanks to all. All we can do is offer more brutality.....

Wow, fucking awesome news! A new Autopsy full length would be sick...the EP that they released a little while ago had some killer tracks. Best news of the year so far, IMO.
Whoa, really?

I used to listen to these guys about year ago, heavy stuff

Any news on any official releases?
Already posted this in the Autopsy thread, but this along with the upcoming Atheist album will be brilliant.
Quote by ShredHead396
Whoa, really?

I used to listen to these guys about year ago, heavy stuff

Any news on any official releases?

Did you not read it?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Great stuff - deserves its own thread. Cant wait to see these guys live.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
They were different and not quite as great, but still better then 95% of what gets talked about in these forums and most metalheads listen to imo. Abscess were incredible so I'm kinda bummed that i'll probably never see them live.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

What a damn shame, and Dawn was a poor way for them to go out. Makes me even happier that I got to see them last year though.
Still have'nt heard Dawn yet,whats it like?
Quote by Steve08

Hmm,it's not bad but i see what you mean.I could get into the album though,will probs give it a try eventually.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Hmm,it's not bad but i see what you mean.I could get into the album though,will probs give it a try eventually.

It has it's moments, but there's a lot of filler too.
it was the pinnacle of my life! thoose guys still got it
Quote by Steve08

Yeah and they would of covered every release if they played Retribution for the Dead.Well they still did technically since two mental funeral songs are on it and they played thoose. That probs would of been my only change. Take out one Severed Survival song and put that on.
Quote by Steve08

I would of liked to hear some more from Shitfun, but I was satisfied with Deathmask. There's always next time...
Well, it's not as good as hearing that Quorthon still lives, but still damn awesome news!