Hi UG community I have about £1000 to spend on a new amp, I've been looking through loads of amp manufacturers and it has to be said theres way too many to pick from to make up my mind.
I'm looking for a high gain head that can produce metal riffs much like say Megadeth or Testament, but it also has to be responsive to what i do and the EQ I put in to produce for example a chimey Vox-like clean or a Steve Vai lead, I bought a Line 6 spider III about a year back, possibly the worst descision I ever made.
But i'll just say now, I'm not looking for a mesa boogie, it seems that it is everything that anyone has to say, I'll consider a used one but I'd like some other choices.
Cheers
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
look at a marshall dsl or tsl, orange rockerverb or thunderverb, engl screamer, peavey 6505
Last edited by britishsligean at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah, but not a Voxy clean tone.

The cleans on JCMs arent the best when it comes to cleans but they're OK. The guy asked for a tone reminescent of Testament(I think Souls of Black or First Strike is Deadly) or Megadeth(I think Symphony of Destruction or Tornado of Souls). And in addition JCM800s are used by the most kick ass band in the world - S L A Y E R !
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Carvin V3 if you can, unfortunately they're very hard to find in the UK, but a few places do sell them.

Edit: http://www.guitarsampsdrums.com/amps/guitar-amps/carvin-v3.html They're listed on the Carvin website.

this
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
A Blackstar Series One might be a good choice
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
A Blackstar Series One might be a good choice

only the 200 though
the 100 has nowhere near enough gain but the cleans are pretty nice
the peavey 6505 is actually a good choice
if you go used you can get the head for £500 i even saw head and cab go for £550 on gumtree
and the rest of the money you can spend on delay and chorus pedals to make the cleans nicer
Quote by Grimriffer
The cleans on JCMs arent the best when it comes to cleans but they're OK. The guy asked for a tone reminescent of Testament(I think Souls of Black or First Strike is Deadly) or Megadeth(I think Symphony of Destruction or Tornado of Souls). And in addition JCM800s are used by the most kick ass band in the world - S L A Y E R !

Megadeth used JCM800s too
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209