It's got no electronics or pickups and is getting no use. I have a guy who want's to buy it for $50. I don't have another strat though, and I kind of want one (just for fun, I play humbucker guitars in my band). Should I buy a mim loaded pickguard for $50 or sell this thing for $50?

If I keep it, I'll probably buy a warmoth neck for it a few months down the road.

If I sell it, I'll probably buy some beer.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Flip a coin. If you can sell a Squier Stat with no elec for $50 then you're doing good.
Quote by fly135
Flip a coin. If you can sell a Squier Stat with no elec for $50 then you're doing good.

heads I sell it, tails I keep it.

Edit : Tails. Thanks pal.

Edit 2: You'd think I could've thought of that on my own.

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Last edited by JHC_DOH at Jun 3, 2010,
Since you're keeping it, is the neck that bad? I've got a Squier Affinity Tele that I've upgraded the pups and bridge. But the neck is nice. With the $50 from not selling it and the $50 for the MIM electrics you're are still doing good. But throwing a Warmoth neck in the mix will probably get you to overinvested territory.

I'm overinvested in my Affinity Tele but it plays nice and I'll keep it for a while.
Quote by fly135
Since you're keeping it, is the neck that bad? I've got a Squier Affinity Tele that I've upgraded the pups and bridge. But the neck is nice. With the $50 from not selling it and the $50 for the MIM electrics you're are still doing good. But throwing a Warmoth neck in the mix will probably get you to overinvested territory.

I'm overinvested in my Affinity Tele but it plays nice and I'll keep it for a while.

I got the guitar totally free with a hardshell, so I think I'd have paid about what a new one costs after the neck and electronics. I'll probably get a warmoth body someday too, so I wouldn't mind already having the neck around.

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600