Alright so a few days ago i restrung my guitar. I have a Gibson Les Paul. I use lots of bends when i play and i bend my high E (.011) and for some reason when i bend it up the note dies. but i have 0 dead notes anywhere. I noticed it because i was playing and bent the 15th fret up to the 17th tone and for some reason it just dies out really fast and turns into a dead tone. anyone know what happened? I do know when i restring that i tend to move the 2 little things for the bridge around but i dont know if thats whats wrong or not. Anyone here who knows there tech stuff or what i should do i would greatly appreciate an answer. Thanks guys!
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Are you sure it isn't your fault? I notice with bends I sometimes let up on my finger strength a bit and end up not pressing the note in enough. Also, if you press too much, it may be hitting the fret above it. Otherwise, it might be something going on with your bridge.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

simple, its cos your not eating your 5 a day
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
yeah man cant be my fault. ive bent it a trillion times to see if that may be the case. i dont think it is. and the strings have been stretched for hours a day bbetances. but i may take it to the guitar store here in town and see if they know whats wrong. it has never happened until now
maybe you got a super-low action? i tried out some jacksons the other day with EXTREMELY low action, and doing the trooper solo on it was impossible. would not have it lol
Make sure it isn't hopping out at the nut. Is it restrung correctly? Is it hopping out at the bridge?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

no the string is fine. the little adjusting things on that piece... i think its the bridge. can that have anything to do with it? i think the treble side of it got lowered a bit. but the notes only die out when i bend up 2 frets worth or more. anything less is fine.
@Glenn Guitar

The Trooper is a great song. hahaha. I wouldnt have had it either. That song MUST be played correctly.
It's called fretting out and yes lowering the bridge can make it happen when you bend. Jst need to raise the hi E end of the bridge a smidgen,
Moving on.....
ah ok i thought that may be the problem. Thanks a ton man. hope this works.
god dammit. what am i supposed to use to adjust that little thing? i cant do it with my fingers with strings on and im not taking them off. any tools that would make this simple?