I am having problem with my FTP, that I bought yesterday.

I am getting the ''the asio sample rate is not supported by one of the usb interfaces'' error-message, and I am not the only one:

Link:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&safe=off&q=the+asio+sample+is+not&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=

I have tried every possible solution, but non works.. Even the M-Audio staff didn't know what to do..

I dont know what to do, shall I go back to the store and try to swap it with another interface? And what one would be good?
Preferable 2 inputs (like the FTP)
I've had 2 FastTracks (not the pro though) - I found them flaky and traded the 1st one and the second one I returned the next day to Best Buy. It came with Pro Tools Essentials and I really wanted to play with Pro Tools but alas it had to go back as the FastTrack was just as flaky as the 1st one I tried a couple of years ago.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I assume you're using it with Ableton Lite? Mine did the same thing yesterday to me while I was trying to use Ableton.

What I did was:
1. Unplug the FTP
2. Uninstall all the drivers then reinstall the newest ones from M-Audio's website
3. When it says it has been completely installed then plug your device in.

That worked for me yesterday. I hope it helps.
When exactly are you getting the sample rate message?

set the sample rate to 44100 in the task manager settings bar and then do the same in whatever program you go to record at. These should be set at these settings by default but there's always a change for something to go wrong.

I have been using m-audio gear for a long time and really trust their products.
I have tried PreSonus, EMU, and Line6 and was not really impressed with the stability of others.
My Current FP10 is flaky and I'm trying to save up for an M-Audio Project Mix.
If been trough that a lot times and i didn't help, it has something to do with the ASIO-drivers
I think I am going back to the shop, any suggestions for a new interface?
I guess try something by PreSonus. People seem to be enjoying the new Firestudio Mobile. It offers a firewire connection so be sure your computer has a firewire port.
The same company also offers a USB version of their interface.

Line6 does some fair products as well.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 5, 2010,
Check out the Line 6 UX1 and UX2 - the UX2 has phantom power for Mics that require it. I own a line 6 GX1 and it's awesome - not as buggy as that M-Audio crap.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Make sure Windows and Reaper aren't set up to use the same sound drivers. That's what screwed me over when I got it. It was something like that anyway. I recommend ASIO4ALL for use in Reaper (pretty sure that's what I used... I don't have it right now so I can't really check).
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I have the M-Audio Fast Track Pro with reaper and i get this all of the time. Though, it only happens to me when i have another form of audio open.. Like if a youtube video is paused or if i'm listening to music in windows media player etc. Just close out of all programs and try opening reaper again.. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure.
Check out my music on my profile
Quote by chad120
I have the M-Audio Fast Track Pro with reaper and i get this all of the time. Though, it only happens to me when i have another form of audio open.. Like if a youtube video is paused or if i'm listening to music in windows media player etc. Just close out of all programs and try opening reaper again.. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure.

yea that's because the drivers are trying to work for two different sources and usually the AISO drivers are not supported by windows playback so I can see having your recording software and a windows source messing things up.