Jesus, the whole song is beast. Is there any of you guys who know it that can spare any tips? Especially with tapping, I'm a horrible tapper, but I figured learning this would help a sh*tload with it.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Sh*t... that's a lot of tapping...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Yeah. It's a b*tch of a song o.O
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Working on it, but my tapping still sounds pretty messy. How exactly do you make the strings stop vibrating after you fret a note? and should be tapping hand rest on the neck or float above?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

Quote by TheBigProjekt
Working on it, but my tapping still sounds pretty messy. How exactly do you make the strings stop vibrating after you fret a note?

Muting. Depends on what you are playing exactly but generally with another of the fingers on your fretting hand.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
and should be tapping hand rest on the neck or float above?

Don't rest solidly on the neck, but if you want to just contact so that you are muting unwanted strings that is fine.
This song takes quite a while, break it into groups and learn each section then start playing along and everything will fall into piece also Luke uses a string dampner for the intro tapping but you can do the exact same with good muting skills, its one of the hardest songs they've wrote.

I corrected the Ver 3 tab that was uploaded here as close to the studio version as possible:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/protest_the_hero/sequoia_throne_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Just keep at it and don't rush learning it
Last edited by drawnacrol at Jun 3, 2010,
Have you watched their tutorial on it on Youtube? Luke quickly slides a hairbow up the neck before the tapping parts. And theres a lot of other stuff they explain if you havent watched it I suggest you do.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by --{matt}--
Have you watched their tutorial on it on Youtube? Luke quickly slides a hairbow up the neck before the tapping parts. And theres a lot of other stuff they explain if you havent watched it I suggest you do.

Didn't see this, but thanks soo much !
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

Quote by drawnacrol
Don't take the tabs/leads in the tutorial to seriously though, their very inaccurate at points

But at least he actually shows how to do the tapping correctly. I havent seen one tab that has it right unless im missing something.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by jfreyvogel
Chin2797 tends to do pretty good covers of PTH. I'd go on youtube and see if he's done one of Sequoia Throne. Watching how other people play might help you.

That's actually who inspired me to play this song, I've been watching his and above92's videos of it.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

Quote by --{matt}--
But at least he actually shows how to do the tapping correctly. I havent seen one tab that has it right unless im missing something.

I'm not complaining about it, its really cool when guitarist take the time out of their schedule to to tutorials like that but their are a lot of mistakes in it, I slowed down the studio masters from the remix contest and corrected one of the tabs

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/protest_the_hero/sequoia_throne_ver3_guitar_pro.htm
Last edited by drawnacrol at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by drawnacrol
I'm not complaining about it, its really cool when guitarist take the time out of their schedule to to tutorials like that but their are a lot of mistakes in it, I slowed down the studio masters from the remix contest and corrected one of the tabs

Ok, it just sounded like you didnt think much of it so I was just pointing out that its really helpful at points
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud