I'm really confused. I'm doing some AS physics revision about the de Broglie wavelength equation:

wavelength = h/mv

and it says in the textbook that this can be applied to anything, including humans. This got me thinking. In orer to diffract when walking through a door 1m wide, our wavelength would have have to be 1m, right?

So:

1 = h/mv

therefore h = mv

and so v = h/m

h = 6.63x10^-36 and I weigh 60kg.

Does this mean, if I'm travelling at 6.63x10^-36/60 (around 1x10^-37) metres per second, I will diffract when I walk through a door?
no, it doesn't
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----

You called?

Edit: Holy balls, thats a big pic.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
yes i think so, i do remember talking about that last year
you defract slightly when walking through a door, the effects are neglible though
According to some site, the average walking speed is 3.4 mph which is 1.519936 m/s.

Momentum = 60*1.519936 =91.19616 kgm/s

Wavelength = h/91.19616= 7.27(10^-38) m

But if you were able to walk that slowly, I guess you'd be able to.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
de broglie wavelengths are what keep electrons going around a nucleus right? the whole integral wavelength stuff, its wave particle duality. the effects are negligible at best on anything larger than the atomic scale, so small that they arent even able to be measured.
besides, thats such a small velocity, im pretty sure its not even possible to move that slowly
In theory I guess so, but as an AS student you should also know that you can't travel faster then the speed of light (3x10^8). I also marvelled at this when I did AS though, I even worked out my brothers wavelength, and frequency, and energy, and all kind of crap!
Peace Out, Party On!

Amp fund: £200 and counting =0