How does the quality compare between AC30VR & Peavey Classic 30?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
their hybrid

hence the VR (Valve Reactor).

Demos sound surprisingly good. The AC models on my VT are really good though, compared to the other models.
Quote by Tedward

Demos sound surprisingly good. The AC models on my VT are really good though, compared to the other models.

Yeah. I'm assuming the VR should sound somewhat similar. The AC30 model on the Valvetronix amps driven hard is imo the best sound the amp has to offer.

Thinking about it, the AC30/AC15 sound on the old AD60 and AD120 (the first ones) was even better than on the models that came later. I'd be interested in how that sound compares to a VR, since the AD60/120 can be picked up for pretty cheap these days.

EDIT:
That being said, the Classic 30 is still one hell of an amp for it's price. Hard to reach in terms of sound quality, and I have strong doubts the VR will come close.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 3, 2010,
How much of the VR amps are actually tube? I'm assuming that they have SS power amps, but do they have all tube preamps? Or just one tube?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by Tedward
their hybrid

hence the VR (Valve Reactor).

The VR has a single 12ax7 in the power section, hardly a hybrid. The only real hybrids that I've ever come across are the Randall V2s which have three 12ax7s in the preamp section and a 12at7/Mosfet hybrid power section.

TS: Vox makes some very nice SS amps so I doubt the VR will be any different - they are pretty good at cloning the classic AC30 tone.
I'm dying to get my hands on a Classic 30/ But I live in India and don't have access to it I guess in pretty much the entire Asia. I tried like singapore, dubai, kuala lumpur.

Now that I know AC30VR is a hybrid I wouldn't touch it.

Are there any good laney or other VOX models compared to Classic 30?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.