i see it on so many threads, people complaining of little twats in music stores etc, randomly coming up to them and saying "god you suck dude ololol" o.O seriously who the hell does that!

ive never seen it happen once, to anyone in my whole life

so who here has actually had this happen to them?
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Well not in Sweden.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
No, it happens in threads though.

god you suck dude ololol
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Is this inspired by the post i just did in the musician hate thread?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Yes it happens. But usually if you're playing well little dipshits like that will be to intimidated to say anything.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Quote by ..NEM..
Well not in Sweden.

People are very polite here.

Quote by sadSTATUE

god you suck dude ololol

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
haha of course not in sweden (from what i can tell everyone one in sweden is really nice! )

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Is this inspired by the post i just did in the musician hate thread?

yes it is actually XD

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
usually it starts with you playing something. then the kid behind you turns his amp up and starts playing some horrendous rendition of a metal song he knows.

I hate GC...

sorry, had to vent that.
Quote by sylphin
yes it is actually XD

Cool.

OT: Only thing slightly of in a music shop that i've seen was with this girl. She kept on making sure i was hearing her do something that I was clearly not capable of at the time.
Still, can't blame her.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by sadSTATUE

god you suck dude ololol

TBH, people can be dicks anywhere, but from what I've seen most of these experiences are from USA.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
well I've never had that here
But trying a seven string for the first time in a shop when your hands are cold is hell
I had people looking at me
I died that day
Quote by ..NEM..

TBH, people can be dicks anywhere, but from what I've seen most of these experiences are from USA.

I noticed this too, especially as this forum is mostly made up of Americans. In Britain, we usually don't talk to people we don't know, whether it be for directions or indeed to tell them that they can't play the guitar for shit.
Doesn't happen in Canada, ever. I guarantee you there isn't a 12 year old alive that has the balls to walk up to someone and say "you're shit lololol stop playing". Because he's 12. He would get the guitar AND the amp in the teeth.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Doesn't happen in Canada, ever. I guarantee you there isn't a 12 year old alive that has the balls to walk up to someone and say "you're shit lololol stop playing". Because he's 12. He would get the guitar AND the amp in the teeth.

I call bull, there are plenty of cocky 12yr sons'a'bitches.

Most of them generally don't have the patience or the talent to play the guitar though.
No, never has happened to me. However I thought you said music store as in a place to buy CD's... even if those stores still exist
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Quote by Tster
oh, its all about you brah. god you suck dude ololol

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Hasn't happened to me yet.
But I have only played once in a guitar shop, that was when I bought my first electric guitar and amp. After that I have gone there just for new picks or strings and cleaning products, stuff like that.

Actually, so far I have only seen someone play at my local guitar shop once. Went something like this: guy was waiting for a bandmate or something, so he tried out a pedal or amp. He plays only one power chord, decides that the product is alright and continues to look around in the shop .

Maybe I just attend the wrong shop. There are like 3 guitar shops just across the street from one another
I've never seen this happen actually. I can tell there have been issues of intimidation though. People will be rippin' sh*t up on a really loud amp and being like "Hells yeah! I r teh gr8test geetar player in this here store!" and then the other customers feel too shy to play anything. So it's like... the loud obnoxious dude is trying to tell EVERYONE else in the store "you suck ololol".