Hey I am having trouble with adjusting the string height on my Les Paul junior. The wraparound tailpiece makes it very difficult to get every string to fall where I want it to and I can't seem to find a "happy place" when it's too high the g string is nearly impossible to fret when barring and when its too low string buzz become an issue. Is there anyone that could give me any pointers?
epi? and it's the g that buzzes with lower action?

if so, slip a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut, for the g string.

lower the action a little and if that works, post back again.

also, knowing where the string, and which string is buzzing is a help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its a Gibson and I have buzzing problems with all of them when the action is two low but I have problems with the g-string not getting fretted well when the action is two high. like I fret all the other strings when I play an a-string rooted barre chord but the g-string is muted becaus I can press it down hard enough between the strings above and below it.
ok you need to measure the neck's relief.

fret the Low E first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E last fret, where the neck and body meet, around the 19th.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

is the string on the frets there?
can you fit a pick under the string there?
can you fit a credit card under the string there?

post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

While fretting the low and high E-strings at the 19th fret a pick fits (and then some) under the high e-string, and a pick almost fits between the low e-string and the 7-9th frets but I can tell it pushes the string up just a tiny bit to get in there.
you're fretting the 1st and the 19th on the Low E, and you find you can't fit a pick.

you're fretting the 1st and the 19th on the High E, and you find you more than fit a pick?

that in itself, is not great. the neck should be uniform on both sides of the board.

if you can't fit a pick in the Low E gap, then add more relief.

turn the neck 1/8 of a turn Counter clockwise.
don't force the turn and let it settle in tune for the rest of the day.

see if that helps playability.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62