Hey my rhythm guitarist is about to retube his Framus Dragon, and we were just hoping for some retube help. Anyone with experience owning a framus dragon that could share some advice would be appreciated, we want the crunch channel to be brighter, thats the main concern.

Any tube combinations, pre or power amp that can help brighten up the voicing of the Dragon, aswell as maybe add a bit more gain? The gain factor isn't too much of a concern cause it has plenty on tap, but sometimes we wish we could have just a tad bit more.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
If you want brighter, definitely DO NOT go for JJs, they will darken the amp up.

Tung-Sols in the preamp would probably do the trick. My favorite EL-34s are Ruby EL-34BSTRs.

Shoot Doug at Dougstubes.com an email, he's probably one of the most knowledgeable guys out there for tubes, and his customer service is great.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks a lot dude! Actually I have Ruby EL-34BSTRs in my Framus Cobra and love their sound, good to know they're also suggested for the Dragon. I'll shoot Doug and e-mail like you said, and see what he thinks, thanks for the advice man, have a good one!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded