I need help. My mother went to Mexico for my cousin's wedding, and I asked her if she could get me a pair of pickups for a Les Paul model guitar.

Long story short, I asked for a JB and a 59', and today I got them, but the 59' is not exactly a humbucker, but a trembucker, and I'm not using any trem or FR. Will it still work? Or I'm shit out of luck?

What can I do if it doesn't work?
so the pole pieces will slightly be off the the strings center at the E and e?

if she bought new you can swap them through duncan. call duncan customer service now.

if they were used, and i can't imagine a mom buying used pickups in mexico, you may want to sell them and re-buy the correct spacing used.

but i doubt it's a huge difference in sound. the E and e maybe a bit but i somehow doubt it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I e-mailed Seymour Duncan, and I was told it should work perfectly fine, which really intrigued me... I'll listen, but still, I don't know how it could affect it...
Quote by Fiberglass Gum
I e-mailed Seymour Duncan, and I was told it should work perfectly fine, which really intrigued me... I'll listen, but still, I don't know how it could affect it...

It'd be absolutely fine. I've use a normal space 'bucker on a flyod rose guitar before and it didn't impact my tone or sustain at all.

The idea of trembuckers is to ensure that when you bend, you get the maximum magnetic field coverage as you bend your strings. However, the magnetic fields go up and outwards, so you're always covered anyway.

The long and short of it is that, it just looks better because your strings are directly over your pole pieces.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Yeah. I got a humbucker in my trem guitar, and besides not having perfect cosmetics, I couldn't tell the difference at all.
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.