So, my band is pretty popular in our area and I have no complaints with the whole band.

Except one, our bassist. He really doesnt seem to care about the band at all and is almost only in it for the gigs and the $. When I tell him we'll be learning a couple of songs and going over them that weekend at practice, he not only doesnt look up the tabs or learn them, he doesnt listen to the sound at all. So, the rest of us have to run through the song so he can hear what it sounds like, then we have to teach him
EVERY last note in the song and most of the time he forgets it within minutes.

Also, a few weeks ago before a class we have together he excitedly went up to the teacher and boasted about how his new christian band is going to be playing at a festival this summer. Not that I would've told him that he couldnt join another band but telling your math teacher before telling your band is sorta crap. Also, how excited bout the new band he is in and the lack of giving a crap about ours pisses me off a little.

Anyway, I've wanted him out a while now and my guitarist always says he wants him gone too but then goes back and reconsiders it minutes before we plan to kick him out. The drummer tells me he's gonna back me up in the fight but then stands idly by as I attempt to convince our guitarist.

Its a long story and a sticky situation...any advice?
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Someone who cant learn tab, let alone remember a few notes shouldnt be in a band although it sounds like he/she is just lazy rather than suckish.
how good is he at bass? find a replacement before you kick him (if you are definately kicking him.)

if you don't want to kick him tell him to stop acting like a school boy bitch! if he cleans up his attitude keep him.
its a band decision. Majority rules. Maybe thry'e just saying they want him out to your face to keep you happy but actually don't mind him.

or the can't be bothered with whats gonna come up when he's out.
The bassit doesn't sound that committed so i'd say find a new bassit on the d-low. Have a secret jam with the band with the new bassit and if he works im sure everyone will prefer someone keen and wanting to jam to your current bassit.
He's not good at bass...at all. I started on the bass when I first learned and hes at the level I was at after a month, and I'm nothing special on that instrument.

We are looking for a replacement now and sort of breeding one we have a kid on standby learning the bass. Couldnt get musch worse than what we have.
Hey!Everyone!

The answer is painfully obvioius. Bassists are easily replaceable anyway :p
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
or you could just kill him in his sleep and noone would ever know
The only problem is that we're in rural area and there are almost no bassists that would fit with the rest of the band.
Hey!Everyone!

Quote by mr gOiD
sort of breeding one we have a kid on standby learning the bass. Couldnt get musch worse than what we have.
Sounds like you answered your own question.
Quote by Tster
its a band decision. Majority rules. Maybe thry'e just saying they want him out to your face to keep you happy but actually don't mind him.

or the can't be bothered with whats gonna come up when he's out.
The bassit doesn't sound that committed so i'd say find a new bassit on the d-low. Have a secret jam with the band with the new bassit and if he works im sure everyone will prefer someone keen and wanting to jam to your current bassit.

That's actually what my last band did with me... only problem is that it started as undedicated bassist (the last guy) and turned into dedicated bassist (me) and undedicated guitarists and drummer. I'm not being a dick - when they told me the band had broken up they actually said that I was the only comitted one.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.