whats up dudes and dudettes.. well as you can tell by the title im looking to purchase a Jackson kelly KE5FR and am wondering if anyone had any comments on it.. tone? neck playability? FR?

i know all the specs and stuff just wanting to hear peoples own opinions.. after taxes this baby is gonna run me +$1200 so im doing my research..

another thing i came across whil searching.. Jackson Stars seem relatively cheap and upgraded versions.. anyone exepience ordering a guitar from Japan?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
please tell me why this couldnt go in your other thread about the same topic.

stop spamming mi bordzzzz
Tone= great if you like seymour duncans. The JB I find is very treble heavy, and the Jazz I find very bass heavy. I do like both though.

Neck= very thin. Not Ibanez thin, but close enough IMO.

Floyd rose= Jackson floyd roses are very good IMO and put up with abuse well.

This is all in my opinion. Another thing I would like to bring up though is that the guitar is neck heavy, so it takes some getting used to when standing up.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON.. wanna know something interesting.. i was born the same day as Friedman which is the same day Dime and Lennon were killed

how do you feel about the price? it is neck-thru and OFR (heard that the FRT are OFR reason its said FRT is cause the Japs state it on thier models)
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
i've ordered a guitar from japan (ishibashi), not a jackson stars, though.

I was looking at these too (but the exchange rate is currently horrible).

frt1000 is supposedly asian-made OFR- how close to the "real thing", I dunno. I mean I've tried them, but only briefly in shops.

I haven't tried the ke5fr- i'm assuming it's of similar quality to the sl3 (which is nice).

Think that's about it.

EDIT: i like how the stars one has the ebony board and nicer colours (and is cheaper, too), but as i said, I haven't tried either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 3, 2010,
yea ikebe gakki has it priced around 83,000 Yen roughly 910 Us dollars

but when i emailed Ishibashi, they said 144,000 Yen?

why is the echnge rate horrible? i find it very interesting that you said that
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
DIMEBAGLIVEDON.. wanna know something interesting.. i was born the same day as Friedman which is the same day Dime and Lennon were killed

how do you feel about the price? it is neck-thru and OFR (heard that the FRT are OFR reason its said FRT is cause the Japs state it on thier models)
Interesting. December 8th?

I like the price. I don't feel it is overpriced for what you get. Good pickups, good hardware, and good build quality is all there IMO. I am not sure what floyd rose it is, but either way it's a good one IMO. When I used it, it took a lot of abuse and did not go out of tune.
Quote by seymour_jackson
yea ikebe gakki has it priced around 83,000 Yen roughly 910 Us dollars

but when i emailed Ishibashi, they said 144,000 Yen?

why is the echnge rate horrible? i find it very interesting that you said that

i'm not sure about the US exchange rate (i think it's not great either), but the UK pound sterling has dropped roughly 40-50% versus the yen over the past couple of years. I think it's the recession etc. Obviously that makes japanese imports a lot more expensive (especially when a higher price means bigger customs/VAT fees and postage too), and not as attractive.

yeah, the prices on ikebe seemed a lot cheaper. I wonder why. I don't speak/read japanese, I'd want to check they're not second-hand or ex-demo or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
alright so im at my final step to getting a JacksonStars.. thanks to all that helped..

im actually buying another Jackson too lol. DKMG =) got it for 350
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity