and i see people recording the guitars from the tube head to what seems to be directly into the interface. How do you do this and how is it done in most studios. Thanks
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Custom Painted Rogue Dreadnought
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Fuzz Fucker(handbuilt fuzz factory clone)
Explain in detail since i have no clue what either one of those things are please
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
So i can run my speaker cable from my head to that and then another speaker cable into the DI or interface?
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
What videos are you seeing? A lot of the time they just use a really long speaker cable through a wall box with a cab in an isolated room on the other side of the wall so they can tweak knobs in the control room while the cab is miced up in an acoustically treated room.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Underoath, A Day To Remember, Attack Attack!, The Devil Wears Prada, Alter Bridge
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Quote by Sid McCall
What videos are you seeing? A lot of the time they just use a really long speaker cable through a wall box with a cab in an isolated room on the other side of the wall so they can tweak knobs in the control room while the cab is miced up in an acoustically treated room.

Yeah this is how it's usually done. Kinda looks like they're only using the head, but it is connected to the cab. Just more convenient, especially if you're playing pretty loud through the cab.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Whenever I have an artist come in who loves the sound of their guitar cab I stick the amp in a room and close the door with a mic on it. I use a DI box to run a balanced signal to the board and feed a mix to the players headphones.
This way we capture the sound of the amp and cab and don't have to use expensive load bearing boxes.

You could use longer speaker cables to get the amp in a control room and the cab in another room with a mic however long speaker cables will probably introduce more noise to the signal in the end.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 4, 2010,
I don't know which ones but a lot of those metalcore bands don't even use real amps. They use amp sims.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch