I recently ripped open my Epiphone Les Paul Studio because some dbag broke the neck and it would literally cost more to repair it than it would to get a new guitar. And now I'm thinking of sticking some parts into a completely custom-built guitar. However for a good punk (Anti-Flag, Green Day, etc) sound I have no idea what parts are good to keep and which not.

Also what is a good wood that won't bankrupt me for use in the 1 neck/head 2 Body?
For parts, you should get new pickups. While you do that you might as well get new potentiometers and find out if you want to keep the traditional 4 knob les paul style or do some wiring mod. Your going to need to buy a soldering iron.
Good luck.
PS. You can also paint it.
Hardware you can keep but if you have money there are much better parts out there
Quote by salgala2000
For parts, you should get new pickups. While you do that you might as well get new potentiometers and find out if you want to keep the traditional 4 knob les paul style or do some wiring mod. Your going to need to buy a soldering iron.
Good luck.
PS. You can also paint it.
Hardware you can keep but if you have money there are much better parts out there

Thanks for all the info.
Neck repairs are easily doable, titebond original and lots of clamps.
Someone else on here will be able to give you better information, but don't write the guitar off yet!
You might be able to use the body if you route it for use with a bolt on neck - no idea how hard that would be. As for the electronics I'd scrap most of it, but maybe keep some hardware