I remember back in the day when I could look up a tab and play it within a min. Now this site has so many damn advertisments that if I move my mouse wrong I open the ad up or let alone if I dont click on it a video advertisment with audio come on. I feel this needed to be bitched about and I will now be using other tab site because of this bullshit. F U C K
You could not use this site.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Firefox + Adblock Plus = EPIC win

fix'd

this

btw, this is what blogs are for?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Firefox + Adblock Plus = win

Don't advise this, gets people mad, since the advertisements are what pays to keep this site up and running
I use flashblock, it only blocks flash ads and sounds. I had one too many stupid ads blasting unexpected sound through my cranked stereo scaring the crap out of me. Pretty much everything is a flash ad on every site though. Really speeds things up since my connection is so slow.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by Duffman123
Don't advise this, gets people mad, since the advertisements are what pays to keep this site up and running

Oop, definitely did not know this
honestly, they have bad demographic selectivity. A site full of horny teenagers that play guitar, and they advertise that i can save 75% off of a cruise.
Would you rather pay to access all those tabs you're currently getting for free? Because without the ads the site needs money form somewhere else to keep running.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
I partially agree with TS. Every time I go to read a interview or news article an ad pops up and sometimes I cant find the x to turn the damn thing off. Oh well.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by BlackDog420
I remember back in the day when I could look up a tab and play it within a min. Now this site has so many damn advertisments that if I move my mouse wrong I open the ad up or let alone if I dont click on it a video advertisment with audio come on. I feel this needed to be bitched about and I will now be using other tab site because of this bullshit. F U C K

TL;DR

Quote by 'Leviathan'
Firefox+AdBlock
Opera+AdBlock
Chrome+AdBlock

You have nothing to blame but yourself here.

Same goes for you.
People get banned for recommending AdBlock.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
Same goes for you.

Really? I've never seen that happen.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

In forum of the damned or queen of the banned or whatever place it is. I saw a few people asking what they did wrong and that was it.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

It has happened.

TS, if you find annoying ads, follow the instruments in the bad ads subforum in the site suggestions forum. The ads aren't chosen by UG (and the ads that come up are actually determined by your browsing habits IIRC. I may be wrong.), so the Russians do appreciate it when you go through the proper channels to report annoying advertisements so they can work with the ad company to remove them.

At the end of the day, the ads are what lets you browse this site. They're integral. However, you can help reduce the amount of annoying ads in the entire community.
I with you man. I'm aware these ads are what keep the site running, but they are pretty annoying. I just try to passively deal with it.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by GaijinFoot
Same goes for you.

It's the second time I've ever mentioned it and it's not like I was the only one in this thread to recommend it, either.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
It's the second time I've ever mentioned it and it's not like I was the only one in this thread to recommend it, either.

Don't tell it to me. Tell it to your Russian Overlords :P
Quote by Zoot Allures
Good old IE with adblock does just fine, try that TS.

edit: Hold on ts, don't most browsers come with a built in popup blocker of some kind?

People still use Internet Explorer?
Quote by Duffman123
People still use Internet Explorer?

Same thing I thought.

I cringe a little just seeing the letters "I" and "E" next to each other.