Hey, i bought a Qwik Tune Guitar Professor tuner for my bass guitar, and it won't read a C note on my E-string, so I can't do drop C tuning, does anyone else have this problem?
Is your tuner a chromatic tuner? Or is it one of those that has a "Guitar" and "Bass" mode to it?
Well, i think its more geared to a guitar than it is to a bass, because it has a chord finder , i just tried picking up a C note on my electric guitar, it just went from E to D, and than to B, so it skips C apparently
Nope it just shows the notes such as E and it has a meter running both right and left sides with a + or - 80 on the other side
Yeah, pretty much I can only do standard bass tuning (EADG) or Drop D (DADG) without any troubles but I can't seem to pull off Drop C Tuning unless i use an online tuner which is a pain
I'd get yourself a decent tuner that will cater for chromatic bass measurements. You could pick up a Boss TU-2 for a reasonable price these days. You can't use the +/-80 to measure either, since there are 100 cents (what those numbers are measuring) between each half tone. So, if you were able to accurately tune D down by 80 cents, you still wouldn't be reaching Db, let alone C.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thing is with that, your intonation needs to be spot on to get an accurate tuning. Fretting can stretch the string slightly, pulling it flat, giving you a less than accurate reading.

yeah, but it seems to work perfectly fine for me anyways. That's the easiest option, and if somehow it doesn't work then try some other options.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thing is with that, your intonation needs to be spot on to get an accurate tuning. Fretting can stretch the string slightly, pulling it flat, giving you a less than accurate reading.

Late night here, I shoulda mentioned that myself
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Yes, I forgot about that. And most people don't have their basses perfectly intonated (is that even a word?) when changing string brand and gauge let alone to handle changes in droptunings.
I just got one of those myself,worst desicion ever,there are more than 8 others notes that that thing doesn't even wanna know about.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.