Big pics ahead, and several reviews to come. My amp came about a month ago and I did a NAD for that. Now I've finished with the pedals I wanted, new cables, and the most stubborn of the bunch, the latest guitar!

The two new pedals: MXR Black Label Chorus, Boss RC-2 Looper, and a bunch of new Monster Rock cables to connect everything! Pics of the new pedals, new guitar, and a few overalls of my completed rig.

The new guitar, a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1!!

Overall pedal board:

Overall pedal board w/amp:

3 of the 4 electrics (Fender American strat, PRS Mike Mushok Baritone):

And to not feel left out, my Les Paul:
Ok, so first the guitar:
I've been struggling with this last guitar for awhile now. My requirements were something great for D or Drop C tuning, for playing BFMV, All That Remains, Children of Bodom, stuff like that. I bought an ESP LTD EC-401 which I ended up returning. I like beefy necks, wanted a Les Paul shape originally, wanted active pickups but wanted to try something different than an EMG, so I gave the Schecter a shot. I couldnt find any in stores, so I ordered from Musiciansfriend and got a 15% discount on it. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I was blown away by every aspect of it immediately, moreso than any of the other guitars you see. The setup, fretwork, feel and quality are all top notch. It was much chunkier than I thought it would be, which I loved. Its got a pretty hefty neck on it. I didnt think I'd like the off white that much from the online pics, but I was very very surprised and loved it immediately. My favorite cosmetic aspect of the guitar has got to be the discoloration in the ebony fretboard though. What is probably poor material selection actually gives the guitar amazing character to me. I tried to capture it in pics, but there is a light brown discoloration with a dark spot in the middle of the light area. It looks so cool in person.

The seymour duncan blackouts rock, I instantly loved them more than any other EMG loaded guitar Ive ever touched. They have tons of output, but are much less sterile sounding than EMG's. Decent cleans too even though I'm mainly cranking it on the Mark IV channel.

The Pedals: I wanted a good chorus for 80's metal type clean sounds, and this thing definitely does the trick. Haven't spent tons of time with it yet, but overall its great quality build and sounds excellent.

The RC-2 is replacing my GNX4 as a looper. Its so much quicker/easier to use for practicing soloing over loops and is compact compared to the GNX4. Drum beats are ok but I usually leave them off. This is the most important piece in my rig now and makes practicing a blast. I didnt even realize you could record a loop straight from your Ipod. Awesome.

Cables: After dropping so much on my rig, I bit the bullet and dropped a little more on nice cables. Monster Rock cables across the board. A little overpriced? Sure, but they are sweet cables. Extremely heavy duty connectors and thick wire, lifetime warranty free replacement...sounds great. What more can you ask for? Only minor complaint might be the fact that the cable I connect my guitar with is actually so heavy duty that you can notice it when walking around. I took for granted the thin cable I used to use. Not a big problem though.

Overall I am finally happy with my rig. Sorry I can't post clips as I have no recording equipment yet (which, will most likely be my next investment in a few years). Only other pedal I will eventually add will be a delay pedal, but right now I dont have the urge to use any delay. My GAS is completely gone, and I usually can't wait to get home from work and start going to town practicing and playing.
Last edited by GuitarDTO at Jun 3, 2010,
I'm in love with your Atx and LP
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
Nice job Dude. Simple pedal board ( at least enough). I was that way with my marks.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I want that Bari. grrr...

Sweet set-up though man. How much did the Loop set you back?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Loop pedal is $190 new, but I got it 15% off as well (pretty much everything new in this thread was 15% off through MF)

Congrats. Nice set up, very nice paul.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice! how long did it take you to figure the loop pedal out completely? i tried to sit down with one in a shop a couple years ago and couldn't figure anything out. but it still pops into my head every now and then. i just feel like it's a huge chunk of change to risk on something i might never get great use out of great set up! love the wide selection of guitars.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
that setup is legendary
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Nice rig man!
Dont like the fretboard on that Schecter though, the discoloured patch looks a bit weird.
Happy new gear day. That Schecter looks awesome as hell. I love white guitars with rosewood fretboards. They look very cool.
Quote by patbuck2
Happy new gear day. That Schecter looks awesome as hell. I love white guitars with rosewood fretboards. They look very cool.

its ebony
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
nice! how long did it take you to figure the loop pedal out completely? i tried to sit down with one in a shop a couple years ago and couldn't figure anything out. but it still pops into my head every now and then. i just feel like it's a huge chunk of change to risk on something i might never get great use out of great set up! love the wide selection of guitars.

I read through the manual once and had it figured out pretty quickly after. Its really very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Trying it on the spot without a manual the first time I could see where it might confuse a bit. Definitely don't let that deter you though.
Quote by littlephil
Nice rig man!
Dont like the fretboard on that Schecter though, the discoloured patch looks a bit weird.

Yeah, I could see how it might appear that way. I swear though in person it looks awesome. It looks like a natural wood flaw yet is still smooth and blends in with the rest of the Ebony. As my review mentioned I can certainly understand how some would view this as a flaw and it might turn them off, but I actually love character like that ; ) To each their own though
Question about active pickups. I was playing the Schecter a bit ago and the tone seemed mushy to me compared to what it was the previous day. I replaced the battery and that seemed to make a difference although I also rolled back the volume some as well. I never noticed my old EMG guitars going mushy when the battery was dying so I'm wondering if this could just be a thing with the blackouts? Or is that normal and I just never noticed it with the EMG's? (I usually replaced the battery out of habit every few string changes).

But yeah, rolling the volume back to about 8 instead of 10 with the blackouts seems to really tighten the amp up, whereas I usually could leave the EMG 81 on 10 and not have any mushiness.
Mega jelous of the Mark V

and I have the 7 string versio of your schecter and its rocks. Nice choices dude
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
my EMGs have always sounded thin and mushy when its time to change the batteries so thats just normal. i keep hearing great things about blackouts so i want to try them someday.

nice rig! you've got a nice variety going with your guitars. all of the bases are covered. im surprised you say you don't want a delay pedal though. they are lots of fun even if you arent a lead player. really brings the david gilmour side out of me! search "DMB lunar echo" on youtube and tell me if you still dont want one

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
my EMGs have always sounded thin and mushy when its time to change the batteries so thats just normal. i keep hearing great things about blackouts so i want to try them someday.

nice rig! you've got a nice variety going with your guitars. all of the bases are covered. im surprised you say you don't want a delay pedal though. they are lots of fun even if you arent a lead player. really brings the david gilmour side out of me! search "DMB lunar echo" on youtube and tell me if you still dont want one

I definitely will be adding a delay at some point when I become a better lead player. Right now I'm really fixated on rhythm and fast riffing so don't really feel like I need it yet. Besides a delay, are there any other pedals that I absolutely must consider adding to my rig? As you can tell, versatility is huge for me since I love playing so many styles (Blues, pop, classic, modern, bro0tz). Thanks for the insight on the pickup. The stock battery must have been crap because it only lasted a few days!