Hey guys, I tried asking this in the Ableton thread but still havent gotten a definite answer and I need one tonight. Anyways, heres the problem: Im trying to record guitars with Ableton and I have one panned left and one panned right. But on some parts the guitars are playing the same thing, so I thought I could just save myself some trouble and copy the part I already recorded for the left guitar and paste it on the right. However, when I do this it just comes out as being panned to the center, even though the rest of the track is panned to the right. Can anybody tell me how to fix this?
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
When you copy the track and have a left and right, you are gonna get exactly that: a centered sound. The sound waves are matching exactly so it will just cancel out the pan. The only way to make it sound "stereo" is to rerecord. It would also help if you either change the other tone or change up what you play.
Quote by lextexrex
When you copy the track and have a left and right, you are gonna get exactly that: a centered sound. The sound waves are matching exactly so it will just cancel out the pan. The only way to make it sound "stereo" is to rerecord. It would also help if you either change the other tone or change up what you play.

Exactly what I didnt want to hear But I guess thats what ill have to do. Everything else in the track is fine, its just those parts Im having trouble with. I guess im just being lazy though. Thanks for the help.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
I remember trying to do that myself. Well, there is a a way to make it sound better AND be lazy though. You could try to modify the pitch of the second guitar part either up or down a few semitones and it will sound pretty legit.
Ehh if im gonna do it ill do it right (the long way lol). I like everything the way it is, but I was just trying to put some finishing touches and pan the guitar parts a little differently but ill just re-record. Thanks for your help
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
if you want the stereo image with copied and pasted guitar tracks, shift one of those identical tracks either forward or backward by a few milliseconds.

Its still FAR better to just record a second track tho. But i usually do the "shift" if i'm just jotting down ideas
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
if you want the stereo image with copied and pasted guitar tracks, shift one of those identical tracks either forward or backward by a few milliseconds.

Its still FAR better to just record a second track tho. But i usually do the "shift" if i'm just jotting down ideas

Ok ill try that
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud