Page 1 of 2

This band needs not an explanation. For even you, must accept your fate, and fall to a holy death.

Oh, and like check them out and stuff.
Last edited by severed-metal at Dec 30, 2010,
Hmm, this is intriguing. Pretty cool stuff!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Pretty good, not sure If it'll stick though. cause with BM, if it has garbage production it has to have something that will want me to listen to it again. A prime example is Crimson Moon. terrible production, but lyrics about Vampires. so i'll listen again, see if theres anything like that to catch my eye.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Only sparkly Vampires are troo!

I think the buff operatic vocals make this band stand out to me.
Quote by Steve08

Hell. Yes. The organs. The vocals. The feel of this band is stellar.

Triumph of Evil and Abraxas are completely worth your time.
I shoulda guessed someone woulda said something about it

hmmm. Operatic Vocals and Organs? im in
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
BUFF operatic vocals. No Nightwish bullshit!
Quote by Steve08

Yeah, they're pretty (God forgive me) BUFF operatic vocals. Quite stunning, really.

I wish anal rape upon the first poster in this thread, however.
I'm glad you guys understand haha
Quote by Steve08

Holy fuck, Holy Death just slaughtered my ears.

That was phenomenal. The vocals are killer, the organs were great...

The riffs were catchy but not stupid, and there's audible bass.

Love it.
Philosophy > Life
Exactly what i'm talking about. I have been listening to Holy Death quite a bit these days, very under-rated band.
Bumped. Since I figure she's gonna die anytime now anyways. May as well keep this band afloat, since they're kind of good.

By good, I sincerely mean that people who hate death metal will most likely love them.
Pretty good stuff, enjoying the vocals a lot. Definitely something I'll look more into.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

/okayface
alright a bit more f'ing info, what all is worthwhile getting of them [aside Abraxas], they seem to have quite a good amount of material... and I am more interested in what was described, operatic vocals, organs so on so forth...
None will surpass Abraxas in terms of just awesome weird vibe in terms of Holy Death, however, from what I've heard The Knight, Death and the Devil is solid black metal, worth hearing, but not as good as Abraxas.

Triumph of Evil is closer to Abraxas in the sense that it creates atmosphere rather than breaking the silence. So Triumph is necessary as well.
Good stuff indeed ! Thanks for sharing severed
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Sake, I saw that on the 'bay for 10.90 not a week ago!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah, haha. They're fairly cheap which is nice, and I always shrugged it off as their most recent one, but that's definitely Abraxas.

Should have just put out more with the original cover!
It looks like an evil renaissance fair. I remember thoroughly enjoying this stuff though...its going on the 'highly plausible' section of my want list.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Oh it's so good. If I recall, think of Mystifier - The World is so Good... it's in that kind of style, with the harshes and operatic vocals, organs, the whole shebang.
All Holy Death albums seem to be 5 dollars at hells headbangers...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yes. Makes me regret purchasing Apocalyptic Wars for $10. Regardless, I strongly urge everyone to at least try Apocalyptic Wars, since it is Abraxas and it's very, very good.

Their other albums are recommendable, but just don't have the strangeness Abraxas had.
Bought it a while ago, cant wait to hear it.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Listening now with good headphones... sounds killer so far. Strong darkwave influence too, very effective.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Oh it's very very good. Such an obscure sound to them, almost video game style guitar riffs though, haha. Favourite album by them, although none of their stuff really matches up to the strangeness of Abraxas. (Wish they would have kept the demo art though.)
I will be uploading all of the album "apocalyptic war" which is the Abraxas demo onto mediafire.

Really weird black metal, anyone need a link when I'm finished?
That first album cover is so great.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Got the demo comp a few months back, great black metal. Drum machine sounds a bit dodge in places, but does nothing to take away from the overall feel.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Got the demo comp a few months back, great black metal. Drum machine sounds a bit dodge in places, but does nothing to take away from the overall feel.

I'll give ya that, but I just cannot get over how odd this band is. Such wonderful and big transitions between riffs. The semi-operatic vocals coupled with the waves of synth work make for a great listen. It definitely has a few down points though.
Page 1 of 2