China
18 34%
South Korea
28 53%
other (please explain)
7 13%
Voters: 53.
All right pit.

I currently am studying in French Teaching at university. In 3 years, I'll be done. Now, I decided that I want to move a bit, to do something different. I'm tired of being in north america, and i've lived in France for 9 years. I've been in Montreal for 10 years.
Time for a drastic change.

Therefore, I decided I'll be leaving in 3 years. I really want to do this, and I'm thrilled about it already. I'm gonna go as a teacher, to teach french or english in a high school over there. Now, I've narrowed the choice to these 2 countries, mainly because they are the ones that fascinate me the most. I don't want to go to Japan, as I feel it would not be as much of an immersion into a totally different culture, and because of personnal reasons.

So, Pit, can you help me decide? China or South Korea? I really am torn, and I want to have enough time to learn the language of the country I'm going to.

help me, brainstorm with me =)
Last edited by Darkflame at Jun 3, 2010,
South Korea,

My Bro spent 9 weeks out there and said it was much nicer than China....

Though if you go there you may find that in a year or two you may find yourself virus bombed back to the stone age.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
China!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Go to some cool foreign country that doesn't have a sick government... like...

Those exist anymore?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm going to South Korea the year after next I hope to teach English. The EPIK programme is, well, epic
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Shit. I accidentally voted China, I wanted other.

I vote for Japan. I've always wanted to go to Japan.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
China is quite unfriendly towards civil liberties and taking steps toward becoming more Western every day. The Olympics are evidence of that second point.

South Korea is within farting distance of Kim Jong Mentaly Il.

I dunno man, you might be better off in one of the safer Arab countries if you want full on culture shock.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Doesn't it depend entirely on employment prospects? How many French teachers do they really need? If you are wanting to learn a language while you are there, China is probably a better option.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Jun 3, 2010,
I think South Korea would be much more like the west than mainland China in terms of culture etc.

But I've never been to either, so . I'd choose China.

stratkat
Quote by catempire
Doesn't it depend entirely on employment prospects? How many French teachers do they really need?

I'm not sure, but I currently work in an elementary school, and I definitely know that they do need people, and apparently they pay very well in Korea.

Now, as for China, the sick government is one of the only things that kind of repels me, and I actually like the fact that noone knows anything about Korea, makes me feel unique haha
Quote by catempire
Doesn't it depend entirely on employment prospects? How many French teachers do they really need?

Nope, they have heaps of places for young English speaking graduates to come over and teach English both through government programmes and in the private sector.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Darkflame

Now, as for China, the sick government is one of the only things that kind of repels me, and I actually like the fact that noone knows anything about Korea, makes me feel unique haha

Koreans have jet-black, thick, secksy hair and enjoy speed skating.

On that note, go for Korea.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I wanna say Japan. Not mainland though, Okinawa.
Under Japanese government, but the culture is a lot of Chinese influence without all the awful sucky sucking suck of China.
Lived in Okinawa for four years and it really is my favorite place on the planet. For lots of reasons, ask if you want to know. Been to China, my least favorite.
Several friends who have lived in South Korea and have yet to meet a person who actually enjoyed staying there.

Just between South Korea or China though, I'd go with Korea.

Also, Japan is definitely a huge immersion though the language is muuuch simpler to learn than Chinese.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Nope, they have heaps of places for young English speaking graduates to come over and teach English both through government programmes and in the private sector.

I'm aware that there is plenty of room for English teachers. I just haven't heard much about French. If he's teaching English it doesn't really matter, but if he's teaching French then it might be worth researching.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
well if you are planning on living in the country for a long time then i sugest S. Korea. China has really regulated media (internet, tv etc). however S. Korea at the way things are looking could very well be in a war with N. Korea.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Doctor Wu
I wanna say Japan. Not mainland though, Okinawa.
Under Japanese government, but the culture is a lot of Chinese influence without all the awful sucky sucking suck of China.
Lived in Okinawa for four years and it really is my favorite place on the planet. For lots of reasons, ask if you want to know. Been to China, my least favorite.
Several friends who have lived in South Korea and have yet to meet a person who actually enjoyed staying there.

Just between South Korea or China though, I'd go with Korea.

Also, Japan is definitely a huge immersion though the language is muuuch simpler to learn than Chinese.

oh well thanks for that, this was really helpful, i'm considering that too now =)
Quote by Darkflame
oh well thanks for that, this was really helpful, i'm considering that too now =)

YES!
Sooo much cheaper too.
And the chillest of chill people, not to mention incredible food.
Real Chinese Chinese is absolutely horrifyingly dirty oily greasy sick.
Korean I haven't had much of, just been in airports there.

So clean, and unpolluted too.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

I'm disappointed. I thought maybe you found a spare nuke in your sock drawer or something.

I'd go to China. Just cause I want to go to China.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
South Korea. Smog doesn't hide the sky, you don't get shot for criticizing the government, and your internet isn't censored.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Jackal58
I'm disappointed. I thought maybe you found a spare nuke in your sock drawer or something.

I'd go to China. Just cause I want to go to China.

There is an old Vulcan saying. Only Nixon could go to China.
I voted for South Korea because they aren't communist...but the stuff going on with North Korea kinda frightens me, so you don't really have any good options...I'd say go with Japan
Quote by LordBishek
There is an old Vulcan saying. Only Nixon could go to China.

I've been called "Dick" before.
China and Japan are both on my to visit list.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by CaptDin
I suggest China simply because more people have heard of it.

Who hasn't heard of South Korea?

I'd go with South Korea. You'd probably have more freedom to teach as you'd like there.
Quote by daytripper75
Who hasn't heard of South Korea?

I'd go with South Korea. You'd probably have more freedom to teach as you'd like there.

The residents of N. Korea?

S.Korea is pretty structured as well from what I understand. More of an Eastern outlook on life than political.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
The residents of N. Korea?

True. They probably think it's some part of the US or something.
Out of the two... South Korea.

But really, I would recommend India

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

China. Better food, better culture, cheaper cost of living.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana