Page 1 of 2
So I just did my first skydive yesterday and it was ****ing batshit insane. Was pooing it a bit on the plane up and when you sit with your legs hanging out. Also the initial part when you leave the plane and are spinning round is less than pleasant.

But when you actually level out it's surprisingly relaxing hurtling towards the ground at great speed. And then when your under the canopy it's so quiet and such a good view. My tandem master even let me steer for a bit so I got to do the spin for a bit.

Could not recommend it higher the only bad thing is that it's over so fast.

Anyone else done or planning to skydive?
My ears did pop at the end but it was no worse than going on a plane. Then again I only did a 12000ft jump so it may be worse if you go higher.
Quote by Greenie_777
So I just did my first skydive yesterday and it was ****ing batshit insane. Was pooing it a bit on the plane up and when you sit with your legs hanging out. Also the initial part when you leave the plane and are spinning round is less than pleasant.

But when you actually level out it's surprisingly relaxing hurtling towards the ground at great speed. And then when your under the canopy it's so quiet and such a good view. My tandem master even let me steer for a bit so I got to do the spin for a bit.

Could not recommend it higher the only bad thing is that it's over so fast.

Anyone else done or planning to skydive?

ITS awesome man!!! personally, i think its better than jizzing on urself.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Me and the girlfriend along with a few others are going at the local airport near my house next month after school is all finished and they start jumping. We're making our reservation for the day pretty soon, I'm exited.

My stepdad used to belong to a club when he was younger for a few years, he's gone like 1k times and keeps asking when I'm going...he says his knees are too bad to go anymore =/

Edit: knee injury unrelated to skydiving, not trying to scare anyone away with that
“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

-Dr. Cox
I've heard too many stories involving people's parachutes/backups not working, so I don't think I'll ever try it. I'm not willing to risk it.
I did a 13,000 ft. jump in New Zealand and it was incredible. I got a bigger rush from bungy jumping though. It's surprising how fast you forget that you have a cord attached when you're hurtling 450 ft. towards the ground...
872 jumps. All static line. No free falls.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Did my first one on Saturday with some of my mates. HOLY SHIT! What a ride. It's truly the maddest assed thing you can do. Will DEFINATELY do it again, and again, and again etc, etc.

To quote Leonardo Da Vinci-

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return"
Sounds like you've had an interesting few days TS

Skydiving looks awesome, although I think I'd be too scared to do it when the time actually came.
I'd love to do it, but I wouldn't be willing to throw myself from the plane and fall a few thousand feet. It's not something I could bring myself to do, unfortunately.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
My mum went for her birthdays a few years ago and my friend went for his birthday last month. I would do it but I'm scared of heights and stuff
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
There's nothing quite like watching the plane fly away as you plummet knowing you're all alone and there's no going back is there?
And there's no greater relief than feeling that chute pop.
The greatest fear you'll ever feel followed by the greatest relief you'll ever feel.
I rode large sports bikes on mountain roads for decades and even when you recover from a big slide in front of an oncoming bus it's nothing compared to your first jump.
And the sensory overload you experience in the first second has to be experienced to understand.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 2, 2010,
I'm hoping to be able to do this next year. I may need to go to a different state though. My wife was looking into it and she said unless you go to Pennsylvania or Georgia, the max you can weigh and do a tandem jump is 235 and I would be hard pressed to get under that weight again at my height and with the size of my frame. So, I may be travelling to do so. I promised my mom we would go but haven't made good on it yet.
Don't do a tandem first, do a static line jump. The fact that you're all alone is one of the biggest parts of the buzz. Be a man, do it alone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Once I've moved to Australia I plan on doing one, and once I inevitably love it, do some more.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Cathbard
Don't do a tandem first, do a static line jump. The fact that you're all alone is one of the biggest parts of the buzz. Be a man, do it alone.

I don't know if they let you here in the states. Unless I'm totally wrong, most places here make you do your first 5 jumps tandem before they let you go solo. I am not the most informed about the subject so I apologize if that comment is ignorant, it's just what I've heard.

*EDIT* Looking into it now and it appears they do thanks for the info! I will need to delve deeper into this.
Last edited by bklinger83 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by BenRaah
Sounds like you've had an interesting few days TS

Skydiving looks awesome, although I think I'd be too scared to do it when the time actually came.

Everybody is scared to some degree ( except for my mate who was so relaxed he almost feel asleep on the plane ride up!) but the excitement takes over. The scariest part was watching the first guy disappearing out the door of the plane. Freaky as hell but I seriously cannot recommend it enough. Sitting in the door and the first 4-5 seconds of freefall is truly amazing, very hard to describe without having experienced it. Very surreal and extremely addictive. 6 of us did it and we've all signed up to do it again next month. And after the canopy opens (phew!) it's so serene and tranquil. Will stick up a link of my jump when I eventually transfer the movie to my PC
Last edited by vennaco at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by bklinger83
I don't know if they let you here in the states. Unless I'm totally wrong, most places here make you do your first 5 jumps tandem before they let you go solo. I am not the most informed about the subject so I apologize if that comment is ignorant, it's just what I've heard.

*EDIT* Looking into it now and it appears they do thanks for the info! I will need to delve deeper into this.

Gotta do 7 stages of tandem training here to qualify for a solo jump. But I've heard of another place here where you can jump solo on your first jump. Apparantly you have 2 jumpers jump with you to ensure you open your chute but apart from that you're on your own. Must be freaking awesome!
Quote by vennaco
Gotta do 7 stages of tandem training here to qualify for a solo jump. But I've heard of another place here where you can jump solo on your first jump. Apparantly you have 2 jumpers jump with you to ensure you open your chute but apart from that you're on your own. Must be freaking awesome!

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to make the weight requirements though. If I do, it will be a while before I get there. Everything I'm seeing shows a maximum of about 230 lbs., which means I've got ~45 lbs. to lose before it's even an option for me.
When I did it the first 5 jumps were done on a static line all by yourself, nobody jumping with you. If you did them properly (which primarily means a stable fall) then you could move on to a true free falls where you have to pull the rip chord yourself rather than having the static line pull it for you.
The knowledge that if the chute doesn't open it's totally down to you to get the reserve out adds so much to the experience even if the static line does the initial pull.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
When I did it the first 5 jumps were done on a static line all by yourself, nobody jumping with you. If you did them properly (which primarily means a stable fall) then you could move on to a true free falls where you have to pull the rip chord yourself rather than having the static line pull it for you.
The knowledge that if the chute doesn't open it's totally down to you to get the reserve out adds so much to the experience even if the static line does the initial pull.

Must be the ultimate rush, doing it solo. Don't think I'd be too worried about pulling the rip chord but would be nervous that I'd **** up the landing. How high is the static line jump?
Last edited by vennaco at Aug 2, 2010,
Skydiving is INSANE.
First time I did it(with a guide) I was scared shitless, when you sit on the edge of the plane getting ready to jump and he says 3,2,1 GO Was the most amazing and scary moment of my life, I could see everything it was so beautiful.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
What are the odds of the chute actually failing? I might consider this..
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Guitarman015
What are the odds of the chute actually failing? I might consider this..

Overall the current stats say you have a 30-100000 chance of dying by skydiving. As mad as it sounds there's dozens of more dangerous things you could do. You have more chance dying or injuring yourself by getting in a car or train, scuba diving, board surfing, skiing, hot air balloning, just to name a few. Most of the casualties in skydiving are seasoned pros as they jump from higher altitudes and do way more risky stuff than your average tandem jump. Very few noobs get hurt. If you're considering it then go for it. I promise you won't regret it
Quote by vennaco
Must be the ultimate rush, doing it solo. Don't think I'd be too worried about pulling the rip chord but would be nervous that I'd **** up the landing. How high is the static line jump?

2500 ft
The landing is pretty easy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I did it in America last year, was the best thing ever. Kinda shat myself when he opened the door and told me to swing my feet out of the door, but it was fine. Biggest rush of my life
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
I did it in America last year, was the best thing ever. Kinda shat myself when he opened the door and told me to swing my feet out of the door, but it was fine. Biggest rush of my life

I jumped from a Cesna. That required one to put one foot on a wheel with the other hanging out in space while hanging onto the wing strut. With the wind it is actually a bit difficult to hold on. One girl was blown clean off. We laughed and laughed.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I jumped from a Cesna. That required one to put one foot on a wheel with the other hanging out in space while hanging onto the wing strut. With the wind it is actually a bit difficult to hold on. One girl was blown clean off. We laughed and laughed.

The pilot has to hold the brakes to keep the tire from rotating and dumping the jumper.
They occasionally like to have fun too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
The pilot has to hold the brakes to keep the tire from rotating and dumping the jumper.
They occasionally like to have fun too.

Our Cessna had a little step on top of the wheel to stand on. She simply couldn't hold on with the force of the wind hitting her. The look on her face as she let go was priceless. I was next out so I got a good view. It was pretty funny.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Next step is Skydiving while on LSD!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium

That is tits.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Nexium
who said natural selection was an outdated process?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Don't knock it til ya try it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I don't know you tell me... Tandem Skydiving.......

BTW:I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK! I sleep all night and I work all day!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Aug 2, 2010,
I want to do it really bad, but when I do I think I'm gonna opt for the extra class time so I can go solo. I don't wanna be strapped to some dude my first time...that seems like it would take all the fun out of it.

ah man that last part could be taken WWWAAAYYYY out of context...
Page 1 of 2