hey im trying to figure out what beleif this is or like whats it called. like if you beleive in a greater being putting every thing one earth for a reason but doing it through evolution. any answers? ignore my grammar.
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Scientific Christianity? While I just made that term up, I'm sure it applies to a fair amount of people

S t a i r s s r i a t S

like just a divine being no jesus or anything like that

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
I think it's called Secular Humanist
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
inb4 insults.

I dunno that it has a proper name, really, just a (God-specific belief name)ist who thinks that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

See, I don't understand why you couldn't call that "intelligent design." That makes sense to me, but a lot of people would probably object to using that term with this.
If you just believe in a devine being, it's called being agnostic. I don't know if that's what you're talking about, though.
Quote by Rocker Extreme
If you just believe in a devine being, it's called being agnostic. I don't know if that's what you're talking about, though.

Wrong
Check out my band Disturbed
Intelligent Design and/or Deism.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Rocker Extreme
It would be agnostic theism as opposed to agnostic atheism. The term "agnostic" by itself is worthless.

Anyway, I think it would be deism and intelligent design.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Jun 3, 2010,
Some would call it Deism. Only in Deism the "God" or higher power is completely detached from its creations as far as interest or interaction goes.
Last edited by PinK FLoYd152 at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by Got Guitar?
It would be agnostic theism as opposed to agnostic atheism. The term "agnostic" by itself is worthless.

Anyway, I think it would be theism and intelligent design.

The term agnostic = prefix. "a" (anti) + "Gnosis" (greek for knowledge)

Therefore, the term "agnostic" refers to someone who claims to be neutral on the "God issue" one who neither claims to "believe in one God, the Father the Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, of all things seen and unseen, etc." nor denies the possibility that a higher power exists.

"agnostic theism/atheism" is a contradiction, imho, since its "someone who believes in God but doesn't know if there is a God" or "someone who denies God's existence but doesn't know if there is a God."

The difference between agnostic and atheism. looking at phonetics again: prefix a + "theos" (greek for God). Therefore, atheists are against any and all concept of God, whereas agnostics haven't ruled the concept of a higher power out altogether.
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Jun 3, 2010,
yeah deism is what i was asking, thanks guys

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Quote by Pyrest
scientology?

Not even close. Scientology is something about aliens creating us, then killing us with atom bombs and volcanos, and we have to realize our potential or something. That's as much as I can clearly remember about it. And that Earth (as they called Teegeeack) was overpopulated by around 200 billion people.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by nmitchell076

Therefore, the term "agnostic" refers to someone who claims to be neutral on the "God issue" one who neither claims to "believe in one God, the Father the Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, of all things seen and unseen, etc." nor denies the possibility that a higher power exists.

"agnostic theism/atheism" is a contradiction, imho, since its "someone who believes in God but doesn't know if there is a God" or "someone who denies God's existence but doesn't know if there is a God."

Agnostics believe that you cannot prove (or know) whether or not God(s) exist. You can be atheist and agnostic at the same time.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by nmitchell076

Nah, an agnostic atheist doesn't believe there is a God, but similarly doesn't believe that can be conclusively be proven. Vice versa. Or at least that's my understanding.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by nmitchell076

For the last part, I don't see how it's a contradiction. I don't believe in a god, but I can't know 100% that there isn't a god, therefore I would be an agnostic atheist. Agnosticism relates to knowledge, and theism/atheist relates to beliefs. Everyone is an agnostic since no one can know that there is or isn't a god. People then go and decided if they're a theist and believe that there is a god or decided they're an atheist and believe that they isn't a god. Definitely not a contradiction.

I guess what I meant, when regarding to beliefs, agnosticism is worthless.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2