So, anyone know wether this is even possible? I know what the 4 cable method can do, for the most part as I haven't tried it out yet, but since my footswitch uses a 7 pin DIN cable, is there any way to switch channels and patches, etc. with just the press of one button? Say Patch 1 is high gain Peavey....patch 2 is GT 8 cleans with slight chorus and delay....patch 3 is Peavey clean with slight delay.....then patch 4 is Peavey high gain and dleay for soloing. Is this possible?

Thoughts, hints, anything guys!!!!
You will have to show me if you get it to work. That sounds intense.

However, that just sounds like a VERY high end modeling amplifier.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42EtqgHLeGs

This is what I will be doing with it, except I'll be using a Boss GT 8, same basics and outcome though. Juts really curious because the Boss has amp switching capabilities, but of course Peavey uses a 7 pin DIN cable, so I may be out of luck on that end of it.

Check that video out though, sooooo cooool to be able to do something like this.
Okay, just thought of something. Most amps I ahve seen using the 4 cable method have master volumes. My 6505+ has pre and post volumes, would this be an issue using the 4 cable method when it comes to using the amps pre amp to the GT's pre amps? Volume, gain etc?
pre is just a different term for 'drive' or 'gain'.
post = master. same same. as for channel switch, youd would need to find out if the switching circuit in teh 6505 is done by relay's or electronics. IF it is simple relays ie. pin 1 = common hot, pin 2 = channel switch, pin 3 = reverb etc or something to that effect, then it is possible to make a cable to convert the 7 pin end to 1/4" stereo jack to get your GT-8 to control amp switching. although i would guess that the GT's switching capabilities would be limited to probly 1 or 2 outputs? not the 4 (i think?) the 6505 footswitch has.

if the 6505's switching circuit is done electronically, it will not work.

If you were using the 4 cable method though, wouldnt you just have your main dirty tone from the 6505, and bypass the preamp and use a clean tone from the GT-8? kinda the point of the 4 cable method is to have that ability?
Last edited by rgoring at Jun 4, 2010,
That's what i was going to be trying yes, but was just curious about the channel switching as well.

I love the cleans and effects on the GT 8, really top notch, it's just that the high gains on this thing really blow balls, IMHO of course. I realize some people can get some amazing tones out of this thing, but it just seems I cannot. The mid gains are great, but I am looking for something a little more I guess. Like I said, this weekend will be the real test of it, as I will try out the 4 cable method and if it works like I hope it does, then I am all set!!!
cool, just gota make sure you spend the time to tweak your patch volumes to closely match the amps dirty channel volume. it will be worth it in the end. And make sure to turn all cabinet emulations off, even for your clean patches.
Quote by rgoring
cool, just gota make sure you spend the time to tweak your patch volumes to closely match the amps dirty channel volume. it will be worth it in the end. And make sure to turn all cabinet emulations off, even for your clean patches.

Thanks! I imagine it'll take me awhile to get things somewhat set up. It's been quite awhile since I have done any in depth playing around with a multi effects pedal, let alone one with this kind of parameter settings.
Sorry to bump the thread but just got a brand bew 6505 and I'm also the owner of a GT8...

My previous rig was a Marshall DSL50 with the GT8 (4 cables method) but now the 6505 doesn't seem to be behaving the same as the DSL50.

Any advice welcomed!
BenoA