So I've been playing for just over 7 years now and I have never ventured into the world of pedals (not really, anyways). I have a Bugera V55 head, and matching 4x12. I'm a bargain hunter and this thing has been great to me. The sound is described as 60's California-type distortion, and really has better cleans in my opinion. It has an emphasis on clarity and high end all around. Anywho....I relly want an overdrive/distortion pedal to compliment my amp well. I'm looking for a warmer, smoother tone rather than biting crunch, BUT it would be nice to have it there for lead tones. So, what would you fine people of GGA recommend?

tl;dr I need a warm, smooth overdrive pedal to compliment my tube amp that emphasizes clarity and high-end tones. Recommendations?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Personally, I think the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 w/Mosfet would be a good choice. It can give the warm sound you want and sustains well, but also can act as a boost or get "crunchy." It's very versatile and sounds amazing. The Fulltone OCD would also be a good choice, but it's tone isn't varied.
Thanks! That's about the maximum of my budget...anybody else??
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
You didn't give a budget. But a used VS Jekyll & Hyde can easily be found for around $80 and is a bargain in that you get a Tubescreamer OD and a "dark" Rat distortion in one pedal.
Well right around $150 (USD) is what I'm looking at max...but I know there are gems out there for half of that. Thanks for the input though!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Glad I could help.
Btw, an Ibanez TS9 is about $99 and would also be a good consideration.