Yes.
90 47%
No.
87 46%
I don't know?
13 7%
Voters: 190.
Page 1 of 5
If it is against a communist UGer, then yes.

srs answer, no.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jun 4, 2010,
Yes.

It brings people together.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No. War just brings more war.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
No, never.

It's primitive and useless; we, as human beings, should be able to rise above violence and differences and live together on this planet peacefully. We're in this shit together and we need to open our eyes and see that instead of throwing stones at each other.

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'd say no. Killing another human is never the solution to a problem that could be worked out in a more civilized manner. As Carl Sagan said, "If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." I definitely stand by what he said.

Edit: ^ Well said.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Jun 4, 2010,
Depends. For yes, see World War II. For no, see every other war known to man. (Yes, exageration.)
At times? Yes. As often as it has occurred? No.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
yeah we should solve all our problems through call of duty
the only thing that war really has going for it is taking care of the over population
For those who voted no, what happens when some lunatic megalomaniac such as Adolf Hitler, Alexander the Great, or Napolean decides to try to create a gigantic empire?
Quote by supersac
yeah we should solve all our problems through call of duty
the only thing that war really has going for it is taking care of the over population
If war is taking care of that why is the population still increasing exponentially?
Quote by EnemyWolf
For those who voted no, what happens when some lunatic megalomaniac such as Adolf Hitler, Alexander the Great, or Napolean decides to try to create a gigantic empire?

Talk to him of course!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No. Fighting a war to defend yourself is understandable, but it shouldn't start in the first place.
The earliest human being found had arrowheads in their necks. I'd say it's in our biology, kinda how every people develops its own crazy religion. But say what we will war rages on in over a few dozen countries at the hands of children younger then us and people who just get payed to resolve fire fights. Anyways thats my rant, gl with your project
Looks like I have to keep practicing
In the ideal world that exists within my head, everyone would realise that war is stupid and stop it right away. In the real world that exists outside of my head, people are stupid and ignorant and we need to go to war to protect ourselves from idiots. So yes, it is necessary, but still completely stupid.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I would rather there not be war, but it is still necessary in some cases. There will always be something that caused it.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by EnemyWolf

You can't look at it that way, man.

I mean yeah, it's easy to say that war against Hitler was necessary since he was an authoritarian maniac but if you look at the bigger picture, it's sad that he existed.

We need to stop seeing it as Us vs. Them and see it as only US. WE are all people, and WE all inhabit this PLANET. Hitler was one of US, the Taliban are US, Mussolini was one of US, and it's a damn shame that WE do things like that to OURSELVES.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
No more so than the act of procreation.
But sometimes ya just gotta say fuck it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Welcome to world kiddos...yes war is necessary because all these pussy that are saying no will be the prey of evil men...then what will they say when a man like me kills the people oppressing them? Thanks or no thanks?

If you say no thanks then you are naive...

5 years in the military and I will tell you, the people you free say thanks...
In the Valley of Vung
Most people vote the standard 'no' because in their little classrooms they have what they think are "deep" discussions on the subject, but in actuality there are some people who want to attack, control, or otherwise harm you and they can't be reasoned with. Look at Neville Chamberlain before WWII- he tried to solve the Hitler problem "peacefully" and got his ass handed to him.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
no, violence seems to be the cause of and solution to everything political...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
No. We're supposed to be smart, we should be able to solve problems without war. That's why there's a Nobel Peace Prize..
cat
Quote by dudetheman

I mean yeah, it's easy to say that war against Hitler was necessary since he was an authoritarian maniac but if you look at the bigger picture, it's sad that he existed.

We need to stop seeing it as Us vs. Them and see it as only US. WE are all people, and WE all inhabit this PLANET. Hitler was one of US, the Taliban are US, Mussolini was one of US, and it's a damn shame that WE do things like that to OURSELVES.

You kinda have to realize that war is never going away and that we never have and never will think like that.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Mr. Parker
Welcome to world kiddos...yes war is necessary because all these pussy that are saying no will be the prey of evil men...then what will they say when a man like me kills the people oppressing them? Thanks or no thanks?

I'm sorry that we're not complacent with killing each other over lines on a map or differences that don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman

Tell that to the Muslims...(or at least the extremist mooslums)
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by dudetheman

I agree, and I'm not saying its not possible. But as much as humans seem like a collective unit, we are actually 6.8 billion individuals with different perspectives, interests, ideas, and desires. Sure some enlightened individuals can see past this and rise above it, but for the general populace who slave their ass off everyday just to survive, numero uno and his family is all that matters. In the bottom of man's heart is a demon that will kill, betray, corrupt, and exploit. Just look at Lord of the Flies, for example: excellent allegory of mankind.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Jun 4, 2010,
I think we should go to war with North Korea, to protect anyone from any drastic actions Kimmy takes, and to free the citizens.
It's never necessary to start a war. You can't say the act is never necessary though, in case you get invaded. Then what are you gonna do, send the Doctor in to convince the bad guys they're being naughty, but end up crippling the enemy army with some sonicky thingy anyway?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by dudetheman
I'm sorry that we're not complacent with killing each other over lines on a map or differences that don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

Lines on a map...where have you been? There hasn't been a line on a map since WWII...(well Korea)

You need to read up some...
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by rgrockr
Most people vote the standard 'no' because in their little classrooms they have what they think are "deep" discussions on the subject, but in actuality there are some people who want to attack, control, or otherwise harm you and they can't be reasoned with. Look at Neville Chamberlain before WWII- he tried to solve the Hitler problem "peacefully" and got his ass handed to him.

Most people? It's 50-50 right now. I'd say most people realize you have to defend yourselves.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by RockGuitar92
You kinda have to realize that war is never going away and that we never have and never will think like that.

No, not everyone thinks like that, but I do.

War seems so superficial when you think about it from the perspective I described. I can't sit back and say, "Well, shit, war will never go away so whatever." No; it's pointless and it really needs to stop. We're better than that, really.

Quote by Mr. Parker
Tell that to the Muslims...(or at least the extremist mooslums)

This is the mentality that keeps us where we are.

And I would. I would sit down and have a discussion with any radical on this planet if I were asked to do so. If they kill me, so be it; I died doing what I wanted to do all along.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by Mr. Parker

And the people you kill don't complain at all. Win win.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Look, in an ideal world no. But the sad truth is that there ARE bad people out there (See Hitler, Adolf). And sometimes it IS necessary.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Quote by dudetheman

WHOA DUDE. That like TOTALLY just COMPLETELY blew my MIND. I can't even COMPREHEND it right now man. Like WOW. You're like a SAGE or something.
Quote by Mr. Parker
Lines on a map...where have you been? There hasn't been a line on a map since WWII...(well Korea)

You need to read up some...

Please don't argue semantics, it makes you look clueless.

Quote by daytripper75
WHOA DUDE. That like TOTALLY just COMPLETELY blew my MIND. I can't even COMPREHEND it right now man. Like WOW. You're like a SAGE or something.

Make fun of me if you want; whatever gets you through it I guess.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Jun 4, 2010,
I voted no.
I will concede that there are cases, such as WWII, when it is justified and, yes, pretty necessary. I was answering from an idealistic rather than situational perspective. I don't think war in general is something that we need or that benefits humanity in any way, and I don't think we should jump the gun and go to war whenever disagreements (or unfounded rumors about weapons) arise. But yeah, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Quote by dudetheman

Nothing means shit in the grand scheme of things. Everything is just what we make it. If you walked up and touched my keyboard, I could kill you and justify it, at least in my head. Yea those lines on the map arbitrary independent of man, but what they represent to us is in no way arbitrary.
Quote by Got Guitar?
I'd say no. Killing another human is never the solution to a problem that could be worked out in a more civilized manner. As Carl Sagan said, "If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." I definitely stand by what he said.

Edit: ^ Well said.

If we assume you're correct, you still need to prove that part.
Page 1 of 5