I bought a Memphis guitar at a yard sale a few days ago for $15, it wasn't in very good shape but I intend to fix it up. But I actually know nothing about this brand of guitar, i've never even heard of it before. Anybody know anything?
My Gear:
Limited Edition Marshall Halfstack
Behringer Firebird
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ephiphone SG
Harmony Acoustic
Squier Bass Standard Model
Memphis Model Guitar (Unknown)
And best of all...
...The Ghetto Modified Squier Strat...
From what I've read people will hate them with a flaming passion, calling them the worst guitar ever, or just like Meh, there are better for the money.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
"Memphis Guitars were affordable guitars that were imported from Asia and distributed in the United States by C. Bruno and Sons in the mid 1970's to 1980's. The product line included Fender and Gibson -styled instruments as well as some original designs.

Slash, former lead guitarist of Guns n' Roses, has stated that his first guitar was a Memphis. It was given to him by his grandmother."

- wikipedia

I've never heard of them.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Google is your friend when you want basic information... on anything.

You don't need us to tell you that NOBODY seems to know what the hell a Memphis guitar is.

Or that it was some guys worst guitar he's ever held.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I read that on wikipedia already, but I didn't know whether to trust it or not since wiki isn't a very "reliable" source since anyone can alter the information on it. And I tried google and couldn't find any very useful info on them.
My Gear:
Behringer Firebird
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ephiphone SG
Harmony Acoustic
And best of all...
What is the point of having an electric guitar forum if someone gets hassled for asking a question about a brand of electric guitars? It's not like he is inconveniencing anybody by asking a question.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by The3818919
What is the point of having an electric guitar forum if someone gets hassled for asking a question about a brand of electric guitars? It's not like he is inconveniencing anybody by asking a question.

I feel this is very true, this is why I don't come to UG forums with questions usually.
My Gear:
Behringer Firebird
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ephiphone SG
Harmony Acoustic
And best of all...