I've only been playing for a few days, but I can't stop looking down... I'm constantly looking at either my fretting hand to make sure I'm playing the right chord, or my strumming hand to make sure I'm playing the right strings, is that normal? How long does it take until you no longer have to look down? my neck's hurting!
It will go away with practice. How long it takes will depend on how much you practice.
If you have only been playing for a few days, then what the hell is the problem?

I always am looking down while I practice to perfect my technique. If you don't pay attention to your hands at first, how are you ever going to learn?
its better looking down to make sure ur playing the chord than looking up and getting it wrong! it'll go away since you've been playing for only a few days but if its starting to hurt ur neck too bad then u should take a break once in a while!
Quote by thfc1799
I've only been playing for a few days, but I can't stop looking down... I'm constantly looking at either my fretting hand to make sure I'm playing the right chord, or my strumming hand to make sure I'm playing the right strings, is that normal? How long does it take until you no longer have to look down? my neck's hurting!

As a 'fairly' new guitarist (only been playing for bout a year!), i can remember when i used to look at the strings all the time, looking at my fretting hand and strumming hand.
I never thought i'd get to the point where i wouldnt need to look, but it comes, just takes practice, lots of it!
Keep goin, its worth it!!
There's nothing wrong with looking at your fretting hand while playing. In the classical position(sitting, foot on stool) it's quite common to see artists looking at their instrument. There's vid's of Segovia all over youtube showing him doing just that. It's certainly a hinderance for a live performance, especially if you're singing as well as standing playing the guitar. It takes a fair amount of time for you to memorize all the necessary movements in order to not look at the guitar anymore. Be patient and keep practicing.