would do but the internet filter at work has it blocked =( lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
looks cool, a lot of cool crap-o-caster (as you call tem) projects out there
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
The to-do list at the moment:
  • Sand the body
  • Paint it
  • Possible bolt-on mods
  • Put the electronics together
  • Assemble
I have just done something very similar. A palm sander saved me a lot of time! totally worth it!
Quote by LeviMan_2001
What neck is that? Looks like a yamaha eg-112/pacifica neck?

It's the guitar's original neck. The guitar is by the way Tanglewood
I'm gonna buy a palm sander today yayyy May quicken the sanding a bit
Quote by DisasterMatt
good luck with it man! looks like it'll be a pretty cool project

Thanks! Appreciate it.
Got the sander oh yeaaah Tomorrow I'll get sanding :p Any ideas for the colors? I don't really have any yet.
Unoriginal, but keep it as natural as possible. It's pretty nice looking as is, so just put a clear coat on it... Maybe just put a slight brown to clear or clear to brown burst on it...
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
I'm making progress, at last. As a busy man, i haven't had much time for the project, getting a motorcycle license and stuff. I decided to use paint stripper instead of the sander, as the bottom lacquer or oil or whatever is damn hard to sand through. Yesterday i bought a push-pull-pot to activate the booster which is going to be built inside the guitar. Don't know if i should use the pot for something else and put a normal DPDT switch for the booster. And the booster's pot is another problem. I don't know where to put it

Half sanded featuring my sock...

Any opinions? Ideas for the painting? And the booster's volume pot...ditch the upper tone pot and use it as the booster's volume instead?
put as much unnecisary shit in it and name it the knobs-o-caster!
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Quote by velocigecko
put as much unnecisary shit in it and name it the knobs-o-caster!

Trying to keep it simple, at least for the looks. I'll propably paint it white. The uppermost pot is going to be the volume, maybe a push-pull to activate the booster, then the booster's volume and one tone pot. If i had a stacked pot it would be so much easier to do the volumes on one pot and two tone pots. Or two volumes and the tones on the stacked pot. Yeah, a push-pull volume, booster's volume and a stacked pot for the tones. I'm getting confused
if you havnt decided on a color yet, i say go with natural.
have you seen the Ibanez Fireman?
for some reason your guitar with the red pickguard makes me think of it....
KEEP IT NATURAL!
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Johansensan
if you havnt decided on a color yet, i say go with natural.
have you seen the Ibanez Fireman?
for some reason your guitar with the red pickguard makes me think of it....
KEEP IT NATURAL!

I don't think i'll keep it natural because it's some kind of plywood and looks pretty ugly, especially the elbow contour.
Quote by Sirppi
I don't think i'll keep it natural because it's some kind of plywood and looks pretty ugly, especially the elbow contour.

Upon further review... youre right hahah
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
I managed to f**k up the paint with some crappy spray cans and there were a couple of sanding mistakes too, so tomorrow i'll sand the crappie back to bare wood. New try with a spray gun and some better paint.
sweet dude! lookin great.

sharpie a logo onto it, and then let it dry, it'll look awesome, trust me
im just about done with a similar project, the wood from my guitar didnt look so bad, so im keeping it natural, the gloss is drying now , your doing a fine job, keep it up
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
This looks nice. I do like.
I'm thinking about doing the same with an unmodded crap-o-caster (it IS utter crap stock...). I'm going to have to refret it, replace the nut (both the nut itself and re-place it to a position so that the first five frets are in tune), rewire it, shield it electrically, do something with the tuners, etc. I might refinish the body, but I must say that I kinda like the sunburst that came stock. Maybe do something more steam-punky with that thing though (we have lots of old electrical devices and appliances in our vacation house... yay!)