I'm thinking of getting a Vox VT50, I play indie rock, post-punk, and britpop mostly and need a U2-type clean sound.

My cousin recommended me the AC15 but that's a bit expensive for me right now.

Also, I might be playing gigs soon(ish)
Hi there,

Vox usualy delivers a nice all rounded sound for tons of differnt styles of music, its not the greatest at seriouly heavy gain (good, but not the best) and should sound great for the syles you want to play.

I have the Vox AD100 which comes with the inbuilt effects processor, so you can add compression and 7+ other effects, and its great for gigging (nice and loud). If you can afford it, it is worth it in the long run for a strong build and reliability. All depends on your price range really. If you want to gig, get a amp with alot of volume to play with as a basis, otherwise your smooth acoustic tunes will turn into pushed crunchyness
“All war is deception.” - Sun Tzu
Thanks for the info! The most gain I'd ever need would be to add some fuzz and crunch but not over the top metal or anything.
I've got a a VT100 and i've gotten a pretty good 80s metal and clean tone out of it (when using my single coils). But i found it very hard to get a good british rock sound (which is hat vox is all about), but i got this amp cause i loved the 80s tone i found on it.

The AC15 would definatly be the better choice, but if ur short on cash and need a decent amp the VT50 is pretty good, but be warned about the extremely bass heavy speaker in the combos. So maybe look at an EQ pedal too.

But if you don't mind fiddling with ur volume and tone knobs u can probably get a good british sound cause there are some AC15/30/50 models on there, but i haven't really expreimented there, i might do that tomorrow actually.

But in summary, the VT50 is a good versatile amp, that doesn't sound too bad... but don't expect it to sound like a normal british Vox.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by julzius
I've got a a VT100 and i've gotten a pretty good 80s metal and clean tone out of it (when using my single coils). But i found it very hard to get a good british rock sound (which is hat vox is all about), but i got this amp cause i loved the 80s tone i found on it.

The AC15 would definatly be the better choice, but if ur short on cash and need a decent amp the VT50 is pretty good, but be warned about the extremely bass heavy speaker in the combos. So maybe look at an EQ pedal too.

But if you don't mind fiddling with ur volume and tone knobs u can probably get a good british sound cause there are some AC15/30/50 models on there, but i haven't really expreimented there, i might do that tomorrow actually.

But in summary, the VT50 is a good versatile amp, that doesn't sound too bad... but don't expect it to sound like a normal british Vox.

Toodles!

hmmm... Yeah I really need that British invasion sound, I guess the bast thing for me to do is to go down to my guitar store and try it out.
ive got a VT100 and i can manage to get any tone i want out of it, i guess i got lucky and found something that matches my personal preferences. i use mine for thrash metal all the way to country haha!
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by bagpipemetal
hmmm... Yeah I really need that British invasion sound, I guess the bast thing for me to do is to go down to my guitar store and try it out.

Yeah, u should always do that with any amp anyway, but you'll have to spend alot of time with it cause there are just soo many options. But it's nice how it goes from clean to super dirty from left to right, so u can get in the ball park pretty quick.

But yeah, definatly try it out, and try out the cheap valve amps they have up there, and really CRANK them, u'll be suprised what those cheap little 5Watt valves can do.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
I have the VT15 (same amp just smaller) and the AC15 and AC30 amp models on there are the best in terms of tone. The VT50 would be a pretty decent substitute whilst funds are unavailable and will also do a decent job of pretending to be an AC15/30.

Yes, they do have very bassy speakers, but you can EQ it out if your pedantic enough, and they're more than loud enough for gigging (VT50 has a speaker out anyway).
Awesome! thanks for the help I'll have to go try it out!

Unfortunately I'm broke at the moment but I might ask for this for my Birthday.