This is probably a ridiculous question but I have never really found out what the advantage of a £150 or so Voodoo Labs Power Supply is over say a cheap £20 One Spot Power Supply?? Can somebody explain the difference because there obviously is one LOL.

Thanks
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
Last edited by livnew at Jun 4, 2010,
Voodoo Lab power supply uses a toridal transformer and has isolated outputs which means it will be quieter. If your only using a few pedals, something like the 1spot should work.
What if I am using 7?

I am about to buy a new power supply and I don't really wanna waste £20 when I can get it all for £150. Or I could just buy 2 One Spots...
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
It all depends on the different power consumptions of individual pedals.

Some pedals only need like, 15mA at 9V, so cheap ones like One spot can daisy chain these. It just depends what your pedals are like. Having pedals like t-rex and things are different, as they have pedals needing up to 300mA. Plus Voodoo Lab also provide an AC output, for use with, for example, some Line 6 pedals.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Last edited by Iveness92 at Jun 4, 2010,
Ok, I may as well just stick to buying a one spot, as most/ if not all my pedals don't go above 100mA power consumption. Thanks.
Careful though, add up the Current used.

I have a Valvulator, which provides 9v at 80mA. This means I can't have say, two, 50mA pedals, cos that would total 100mA.

Voltage remains at 9v through the chain, but Current is split. Just incase.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Vintage style fuzz pedals, higher current draw pedals, some wahs, and more complex or sensitive analog units like the POG really benefit from isolated power. It looks like you don't have any of those, so the 1-spot should be fine in your case.

And the 1-spot is 1700mA, so you're not likely to go over the current rating unless you've got pedals that use tubes or two dozen digital reverb pedals.
The One Spot handles up to 1700mA at 9V and the amount of mA required by my pedals comes no where near that.