SO I have a peavey max 115 and a washburn bd75b. The washburn has an ext. speaker output( two separate ones at 4 and 8 ohms) and the peavey has a CD input which I'm fairly certain is 1/4 inch. Of course the logical handyman* in me must find a way to put them together. Will this harm anything?
Edit: Do'h. Could I not put it into the input jack? Go from the bass to the washburn, washburn to the peavey?
*I take apart VCR's, telephones and other electronics in my free time, but so far have ended up with significantly less then a robot.
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Jun 4, 2010,
No, you will fry some of the electronics in your other amp. The input is only rated to handle so much current coming in and the output from the speaker out jack on your washburn is higher than any amp's front end is capable of handling. Therefore it is an incredibly stupid idea.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
No

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
No sir.

I have connected to combo amps together successfully before, but that is only because one of them had Two input channels.
Quote by Fuzzle
No, you will fry some of the electronics in your other amp. The input is only rated to handle so much current coming in and the output from the speaker out jack on your washburn is higher than any amp's front end is capable of handling. Therefore it is an incredibly stupid idea.
+1 What comes out of your speaker output will be measured in amps - your CD input I'm fairly certain is designed for milli-amps
this reminds me, i have a crappy 15 watt guitar amp, that has a killer garage tone. But its quiet, so if a ran a 1/4" cable from the "headphone" output to the input on my pa, could that be in any way harmful?

Edit: sorry for threadjacking
Last edited by FUT55 at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by FUT55
this reminds me, i have a crappy 15 watt guitar amp, that has a killer garage tone. But its quiet, so if a ran a 1/4" cable from the "headphone" output to the input on my pa, could that be in any way harmful?

Edit: sorry for threadjacking

no thats fine. the signal from the headphone output is at line level (or at least somewhere near there). PA's can handle that level of input.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Sweet. Thanks for the help! Now i just need to figure out how to cut back all the feedback from the two distortions...