Page 1 of 2
Catholics do not understand Math it seems.

If Abortion doesn't happen = 2 deaths.
If Abortion happens = 1 death. (According to Pro-life)

2 =/= 1.

God dammit she made the correct choice.
That's terrible, poor woman.

I don't see what else the church wants her to have done. Let them both die? Should people let patients die just so they get to keep their pious moral approval?
That's the church's policy. If people don't like it, including the Nun, then why the **** are they in the Church?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
That's sad. So she saved the mother's life but it would have been better to lose both lives..?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
That's the church's policy. If people don't like it, including the Nun, then why the **** are they in the Church?

From the jist of the article, I believe that the Nun was also pro-choice. But anyone with 1 brain cell understands that there is no chance in Hell a 11 week old foetus can survive. Therefore, she took the moral decision to let the mother live. The mother was only 27.

According to the Catholics every life is scared. Unless you abort a foetus that would not survive without you. But that doesn't matter. It is "alive".
I think she did the right thing, but what do you expect from the Catholic Church?
Normally I'm actually pro life, but seeing as this abortion saved the womans life I feel it is justified.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by Ur all $h1t

I recognise this, but in that case why did the pregnant woman go to a Catholic hospital?

If she had no choice but to go there, then the actions of the nun are justified because the mother wasn't an anti-choice Catholic, just a patient looking for help.
Well that's ****ed up. But then it's the catholic church, whatya expect? They justify preventable death as part of God's plan, if it is then I don't want **** all to do with their God.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'm conflicted. On one hand, I'm pro-life. On the other,

Quote by boreamor
2 =/= 1.

I'm gonna have to go with the nun's desicion, it's better to save one then let both die.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Save 1 life, or none at all. Seems like an obvious choice to me. Good for her.
"An unborn child is not a disease ... the end does not justify the means," Olmsted said in a statment issued to a the Arizona Republic newspaper this past May.

Hospital officials defended McBride's actions and released a statement saying, "In this tragic case, the treatment necessary to save the mother's life required the termination of an 11-week pregnancy."

Fuck that stupid cunt fuck of a bishop. Way to focus on the abortion and not the circumstances of the case. This is why the catholic church should just keep its nose out of others business. At least the nun has her head screwed on the right way.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I recognise this, but in that case why did the pregnant woman go to a Catholic hospital?

If she had no choice but to go there, then the actions of the nun are justified because the mother wasn't an anti-choice Catholic, just a patient looking for help.

I'd imagine that the church don't care what the woman was, they only care that a member of their clergy authorised an abortion, which is against their doctrine.

I think it's despicable, but the Nun knew what she was getting herself into when she dedicated her life to such an insane organisation.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
So the Catholic Church would rather let two people die rather than save one?
That's Catholics for ya. Black and White, nothing inbetween. Abortion = bad, whatever the situation. That just makes me feel...sad.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'd imagine that the church don't care what the woman was, they only care that a member of their clergy authorised an abortion, which is against their doctrine.

I think it's despicable, but the Nun knew what she was getting herself into when she dedicated her life to such an insane organisation.

Just thank...well not God, but be thankful that she actually has human morales rather than morales dictated by some higher being and handled down the ages by a bunch of immoral dictators.
Good on the nun, that bishop's a sanctimonious, foolish, bigoted cunt.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Generally I don't agree with abortion but the nun definitely did the right thing. Saving one life is better than saving no lives. The catholic church wonders why nobody under 70 actually attends their church? It's because of this kind of crap. Personally I see the Catholic Church and religion becoming a very small minority in the next 50 years or so. IMO, good riddance.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Why has she given her life up for a religion she doesn't agree with?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
This is why there shouldn't be such things as faith hospitals, it'd be best to keep religion out of things like that.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's terrible, poor woman.

I don't see what else the church wants her to have done. Let them both die? Should people let patients die just so they get to keep their pious moral approval?

Sounds like the catholic church to me

Quote by rabidguitarist
Why has she given her life up for a religion she doesn't agree with?

People do crazy things, like eat at arby's.

Some people invest too much time/work into a thing and it's not easy leaving that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Meanwhile, a priest molests children and doesn't get excommunicated, just moved to a different church. It's okay, he definitely won't do it again. But that nun, oh she's gonna go to hell for this.

SOAS
I was angry when I read the part where it compared the treatment of her to the treatment of the priests that sexually abuse children.

It just seems so God-damned wrong that they could pull shit like that.
Quote by boreamor
Catholics do not understand Math it seems.

If Abortion doesn't happen = 2 deaths.
If Abortion happens = 1 death. (According to Pro-life)

2 =/= 1.

God dammit she made the correct choice.

Aye, and I thought Catholics were good with their doctrine of double effect, apparently not.

It's damn horrible. If anyone says 'she should be glad she's not a Catholic' or any dismissal of this, just imagine being a God-fearing Catholic and having God's Church on earth tell you that you're probably going to burn in hell forever.
I am pro-life, but I agree to the nuns decision on this case, because the baby is killing the mother (AKA: Murder). So, in a sense, she was only acting in self defense.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I heard that they were about to promote her when this happened , they were even planning a ceremony and all...

ofcourse everything was aborted.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Kensai
People do crazy things, like eat at arby's.

take it back.
Quote by Craigo
Aye, and I thought Catholics were good with their doctrine of double effect, apparently not.

It's damn horrible. If anyone says 'she should be glad she's not a Catholic' or any dismissal of this, just imagine being a God-fearing Catholic and having God's Church on earth tell you that you're probably going to burn in hell forever.

Just what i came to post.

Imagine that feeling. If she believes enough to become a nun, she must be scared.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by c3powil
I am pro-life, but I agree to the nuns decision on this case, because the baby is killing the mother (AKA: Murder). So, in a sense, she was only acting in self defense.

Murder is premeditated. A foetus cannot intentionally kill someone due to the fact they have no functioning brain. And at 11 weeks it barely looks like anything other than an enlarged bean. No it was not murder.
Quote by c3powil

Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Primus2112
take it back.

Never!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by c3powil

...no it isn't at all?
Quote by Kensai
Never!

ARBY'S IS AWESOME BITCH YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW
Quote by c3powil

How is it murder? So having cancer is suicide?
Every Catholic I've met has said that they oppose abortion unless it's necessary to save the mother's life, so I thought that was the Church's official position on the issue. But this entire thing is ridiculous. The Bishop wanted a mother of four to die when there was a procedure that would save her life? That really doesn't make any sense. It's not like she was somebody that got pregnant after a drunken one night stand and didn't want to be pregnant. She was probably really excited about having another baby, and having to terminate the pregnancy probably tore her up emotionally.

And with all the bad press the Catholic Church had gotten recently you'd think that they'd take it easy on stuff like this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Todd Hart
How is it murder? So having cancer is suicide?

Babies also stealing food and squatting.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I don't understand all the fuss. One less Catholic in the world is a good thing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2