So the result of about a weeks worth of building and electronic work leaves me with this result:

Front:

Controls:

Back:

Apparently my camera is being retarded now.

What this amp is now is a combined Fender Champ 600, and a Cube15X. They have been combined into a single cab, and all the controls (as you can see) have been re-routed to the top panel. Also, there is one power cable that powers both of the amps now.

Also, there is a toggle on the top that switches the speaker output between the champ and the cube (the toggle labeled "on off"). Usually though I run the cube as a distortion pedal, then run the output into the input of the champ. I keep the output on the cube as low as possible so the champ doesn't die. The result is a slightly pedal-like distortion, which is cool. (it also allows me to EQ the champ!, I was going to wire an EQ into the champ's tone stack but when I decided to combine them I decided against it). Also on the champ is a NFB loop toggle switch, that disconnects or connects the negative feedback loop, slightly increasing output of the champ/gain.

The champ has been kind of rewired, I had to do a lot of lead dressing with this setup, and there were a few grounding problems that had to be taken care of (at first I was getting massive parasitic oscillation due to the secondary output of the OT getting lose and cut off from the ground, but that was fixed once I regrounded it to the speaker output and the ground from the outlet. Which saved me a bunch of time rechecking my lead dress and all of my components, thank goodness!

In terms of cosmetics, orange is my favorite color. You're seeing a coat of primer, 2 coats of orange gloss, and 3 or 4 coats of polyurethane semi-gloss over sanded particle board. The particle board was rough post sanding, and now the finished product is a nicely textured orange, which is fantastic! I wish I had kept the black corners and things, but I lost them in the trash. This thing really does look more tasty, pictures don't do it much justice visually.

But yeah, this is the result of the first month of my summer being very boring. Sorry to trick you with orange content!
Last edited by Zamorak at Jun 4, 2010,
i was actually expecting an orange...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thanks gregs!

Haha, well I apologised at the end for the trickery.
Quote by Zamorak
Thanks gregs!

i noticed. i appreciate the apology. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Zamorak
Thanks gregs!

Thanks for the credit.

Glad our painting skills are so amazing.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jun 4, 2010,
very cool

i was looking forward to seeing an orange though
you are what you is
OH yeah! Kevy here helped with painting and ideas and such. Myy bad.

"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
But yeah, this is the result of the first month of my summer being very boring. Sorry to trick you with orange content!

that is pretty cool dude. def a good little project. but was there a particular reason for pairing the champ 600 with a roland cube? to tell truth it is a pretty impressive project, but was there any tonal preferences dictating these choices, or did you just have 2 of them around?

edit: imo, this is way cooler than a stock orange amp. even though i would prefer the orange personally.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 4, 2010,
gumb: Well since during the school year in I'm a dorm, I figured having one cab with two amps in it would be easier than always having two around somewhere taking up my space and electrical outlets. Although, sometime in the next year I'll be purchasing a much better amp, but for now this serves my purposes! But tonally, no. and thanks! the paint really exceeded expectations.

@311: thanks, that's kinda how I felt too.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
gumb: Well since during the school year in I'm a dorm, I figured having one cab with two amps in it would be easier than always having two around somewhere taking up my space and electrical outlets. Although, sometime in the next year I'll be purchasing a much better amp, but for now this serves my purposes! But tonally, no. and thanks! the paint really exceeded expectations.

kinda what i thought, still cool as all hell even if it isn't a dumble....
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
at first I was like

now I'm like

awesome project

Same here
But I'm not sure if I undertand
The cube is just used as a distortion pedal, right? And the it goes in the champ's power?
I'm confused but anyway?
You stole my idea!

....... kinda...

I'm going to build a Champ clone and a stick it in an MG15
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Sguit
Same here
But I'm not sure if I undertand
The cube is just used as a distortion pedal, right? And the it goes in the champ's power?
I'm confused but anyway?

No, they're two independent amps that just share the same speaker and cabinet. You can run from one input to the other.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
That's pretty cool, well done
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I thought it was going to be an Orange amp, but I think that this is actually much better. Mainly because I could never do that myself.

Really sweet. It's like having a pedal with a gazillion controls into a Champ.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Protip: use a drill press or at least tape the chassis before you start into it to prevent those skating marks around the switches and jacks.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Didn't have bits for my drill press and didn't want to buy them. Tape would not have prevented the scratches.. I wasn't too worried about them anyway since this is just a cube haha.
hahahahahahahaha that's amazing
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha the truth behind the new holes is that I was planning on just painting the metal a black, but I ended up not. I used a dremel and a metal bit, like 1/8th of an inch big. Some of the holes are pretty dang good for just that! Yeah, pilot holes were drilled. Buying a metal punch would run about $30, which is more than 15% of the price of the amps together. Also, I don't know if you've ever tried to drill a hole in metal by hand with a regular drill bit, but once you get it in, it acts like a screw and threads itself through the metal. I used screwdrivers to widen the holes some then I used the dremel again to round them off.

Making this a perfectly looking project would be pointless, haha. What's really pretty is all the wiring, but I don't feel like pulling the amp apart again to show y'all. :P