View poll results: Which one?
Cool
34 20%
Kind
76 45%
whatever dude, i just like music
59 35%
Voters: 169.
I really like when the band interacts with the crowd, and more than just hand the mic to the slutty girl in row one seat nine.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Fan interaction is one of the most important aspects of a band's live performance. The more you make your fans feel like every single one of them is important and deserves your undivided attention. If you can make your fans feel less like your fans and more like your best friends then you are gonna have plenty of long-term hardcore fans and, if you are genuine, long-term friends.
Quote by mrfinkle213
I really like when the band interacts with the crowd, and more than just hand the mic to the slutty girl in row one seat nine.

A horrible gimmick, and I know quite a few bands in my local scene that are guilty of it.
I like when there's a female lead singer and she takes her clothes off. That really captures the audience.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
When the lead singer makes sex jokes (See Blink 182)

Quote by Ackj
I like when there's a female lead singer and she takes her clothes off. That really captures the audience.

I agree. Its like you're getting a show at a show
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by mrfinkle213

ಠ_ಠ

What kind of lame shows do you go to?
Quote by jimmyled
ಠ_ಠ

What kind of lame shows do you go to?

Wait, that means the show's seated, right? I never understood rock bands who do those.

I enjoy knowing the band consists of people I'd like to hang out with some time. So they should be both nice AND cool. More empahasis on nice though.
I dunno really. All the front men I like don't really talk much but they definitely move around a lot like Hendrix, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger.... The only front man I know that talks a lot is Campino from the German band Die Toten Hosen. And he's fantastic.
Quote by Ackj

Yus, although I find it often distracts me somewhat from the music.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Ackj

Quote by Todd Hart
Yus, although I find it often distracts me somewhat from the music.

I can only agree with both of these...
I would rather have the cool one like Tom Waits, Mark Lanegan, and Jim Morrison. They have so much to offer at the shows that they don't/didn't have to move around.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I like ones that interact with the crowd well but still make great music onstage. (See anybody that WASN'T on Warped Tour)
Slappa tha bass
There are 2 front men that come to mind as being hugely cool on stage, very interactive, and all around nice guys:

David Lee Roth and Bono.

Nobody puts on a better show than Van Halen or U2, and the primary reason for this is that the band captures every single member of the audience. DLR and Bono both regularly go on long stories in between songs, interact with the audience, have huge stage presence, etc. Perfect, iconic frontmen.
One that interacts with the crowd but has that certain aura about him while he is performing.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 4, 2010,
Think about most of the lead singers I like they communicate with fans and move around quite a lot sooo...
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Layne Staley,,, woooahh
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

I voted cool, but note, they have to be cool. Being a complete wanker like Gallagher, who isn't cool, and is simply a pretentious prick, will not earn my favour.
I like a front-men that incite the crowd, but they seem a bit un-rock-ish sometimes.
It doesn't bother me if the singer doesn't interact with the audience much... The singer from my band walked across peoples' tables at our last performance though, and it was cool as hell brah.
Depends on their style it obviously has to suit their style, if its energetic they have to jump around abit and get the crowd going, if its a ballad then they have to some how connect with the audience .. but some singers prefer to shut themselves off while they sing and wear shades and stuff which makes them more mysterious and cool.. which usually works for their style..
Cornflakes
I like a nice frontman. Phil Anselmo and James Hetfield are good examples. I saw Down and Metallica not too long ago and Phil was being the tough guy and trying to be all cool, he looked pretty stupid. Hetfield got up the and when he said he was glad to see everyone, I kind of believed him. I've been to a lot of shows, I know most bands don't mean that. He was a really nice guy on stage. One guy was getting pushed against the stage pretty hard and Hetfield got a little angry and told everyone to get off him.

I like seeing someone who appreciates their fans.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Blktiger0
Fan interaction is one of the most important aspects of a band's live performance. The more you make your fans feel like every single one of them is important and deserves your undivided attention. If you can make your fans feel less like your fans and more like your best friends then you are gonna have plenty of long-term hardcore fans and, if you are genuine, long-term friends.

exampleABruceSpringsteen

alot of people don't even need to be at the hows to feel like he is talking to them
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Probably my two favourite frontmen right now are James Hetfield and Bruce Dickinson.
They are both pretty nice, talkative guys, but are also pretty ****ing cool when they perform
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I would rather have the cool one like Tom Waits, Mark Lanegan, and Jim Morrison. They have so much to offer at the shows that they don't/didn't have to move around.

Jim morrison bantered a lot in his shows and tom waits always tells the crowd obscure storys to them and has interaction
Quote by Ackj

You'd think there'd be more bands that did this. And not just the weird goth/punk chick cutting herself, but like an actual, legit stripper as the frontwoman. It'd attract a huge fanbase.

I'm serious, it would be a good idea.
Michael Akerfeldt. He has the "cool glow" and is also hilarious, and interacts with crowds, but can also be kinda "mysterious" ya know what i mean?

So, both?
Valhalla I am coming!!!

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Gonff
Michael Akerfeldt. He has the "cool glow" and is also hilarious, and interacts with crowds, but can also be kinda "mysterious" ya know what i mean?

So, both?

I ****ing love Mike. He's hilarious live.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Duffman123
Lets see, Matt Bellamy or Josh Homme

I'l go with Josh, he's badass

This (although when I saw Muse Dom was the only one who said anything to the crowd)

Also, Maynard James Keenan seems like a combination of both, and *flamesheild* I think Mark and Tom (of blink 182) are great performers who keep the crowd interacting.
They both sound pretty lame.

I like the frontman who spits at his fans and has his lead guitarist pull the closest metalhead onto the stage from his hair up.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all