Hello,
I just recently learned all of my diatonic scales and the notes that they contain. Now I need to memorize the notes inside the Pentatonic scales. I already know hot to easily find them in all 12 keys and in all 5 positions. However, people say it is important to learn the notes inside the scale. Could someone please supply a list of the notes in each MINOR pentatonic scale. I have also memorized the relative major and minor chart ( as in i know that Am is C major. Okay so minor penatonics... thanks
Thank You
You should try to memorize the circle of fifths. That way when you want to know what the notes are in the scale, just remember how many sharps or flats are in the key signature. And for the notes of the pentatonic, just omit the notes from the major scale to make it pentatonic.
Well considering the minor and major pentatonics share the same notes as their diatonic counterparts, shouldn't you already know what notes they contain?

No matter, follow that link above.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Well considering the minor and major pentatonics share the same notes as their diatonic counterparts, shouldn't you already know what notes they contain?
Exactly. For the major pentatonic, just omit the 4th note and the 7th note, and for the minor pentatonic, omit the 2nd note and the 6th note.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea