███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jun 4, 2010,
I saw dethklok once. Nearly everyone was killed.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
The local core kiddy bands manage to stuff up quite a bit, from horrible mixing (and I mean HORRIBLE), to hitting other band members while prancing around like cocksmokers with the injured member having to either squint and hold back tears the whole show while blood drizzles down his head, or leave the stage all together.
Quote by Kensai
Probably that one dimebag gig in 2004.

Really? I went to a Damageplan concert in 2004 where the guitar player got f***ing shot on stage!!!

EDIT: I could have sworn it was "Pantera gig" when I quoted that...
I pride myself on my humility.
Last edited by mtshark at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by mtshark
Really? I went to a Damageplan concert in 2004 where the guitar player got f***ing shot on stage!!!

Quote by lights bane

But he wasn't performing with Pantera, which is what the original quote was.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
But he wasn't performing with Pantera, which is what the original quote was.

Goddammit Kensai, editing willy nilly
I think it's fair to say that every Winehouse gig falls under the disastrous category...
Quote by lights bane
Goddammit Kensai, editing willy nilly

Edit button is necessary if you want to get the immediate response in!

EDIT: on topic; I've been to many a disastrous local gig. Never really been to a complete and utter failure, pro or amateur.
Quote by lights bane
The local core kiddy bands manage to stuff up quite a bit, from horrible mixing (and I mean HORRIBLE), to hitting other band members while prancing around like cocksmokers with the injured member having to either squint and hold back tears the whole show while blood drizzles down his head, or leave the stage all together.

something like this.
My Chemical Romance @ Download Festival, June 2007 – A year after they were bottled at Reading, MCR suffered the same fate at Download Festival. This time, however, it was much worse. Some bottles were full of urine, while golf balls were added to the onslaught. The band carried on, although an angry Gerard Way blasted: “This song is called 'thanks for all the bottles, thanks for all the piss, thanks for all the golf balls, thanks for all the apples and thanks for all the sticky shit'”.
10 of 50

LMAO assholes.... nobody deserves that, no matter how shitty you are.
The first time I saw the Brian Jonestown Massacre part of the roof of the tent I was watching them in caved in soaking the monitors at the front of the stage. Anton decided to push ass the gear back so they only got through 4 songs. I wasn't that bothered though, I kinda expected something to happen.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
The first time I saw the Brian Jonestown Massacre part of the roof of the tent I was watching them in caved in soaking the monitors at the front of the stage. Anton decided to push ass the gear back so they only got through 4 songs. I wasn't that bothered though, I kinda expected something to happen.

That reminds me, I was at their London gig where he "allegedly" glassed someone.
Quote by bonojovi
That reminds me, I was at their London gig where he "allegedly" glassed someone.

What happened?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by CoreysMonster
every show of a band with members under 16 years old EVER

Hey, most of my band's gigs have gone well... though the drummer is the only one under 16

I was at the show in the No Fear Energy tour when Alexi Laiho walked off the stage after three songs because of the pain from his broken shoulder. Disappointing as hell, but I can't really blame him, what's he supposed to do? The whole crowd started booing, but Lamb of God made up for it.
This thing called Hip Hop vs Metal, someone brought a bat and tried to hit one of the bouncers. Then all the bouncers jumped on his face and the police came.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Hmm.
Well, there was a power cut in the middle of the set when I saw Rollin's Band. And there was the Wildhearts gig when Ginger was 'under the influence', so to speak.
Just a lot of local shows where the power box couldn't handle everything, and a breaker was blown. Sometimes it got fixed, sometimes it didn't.
I went back in time and saw that one Doors show in Miami. Crazy shit man.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!The world forgetting, by the world forgot...
ah... me and my boyfriend went to a local gig... so we were eally close to the stage on the front line. .... the bassist from one of the bands came close and was what seemed like purposely aiming his headstock for mine and my boyfriends heads haha. he was a psycho XD
At AFI, Davey did this big theatrical poem thing before they kicked into Dancing Through Sunday, and just as he said, "and we dance" all the gear except his microphone cut out. He was just standing there, one lace-gloved hand in the air looking like an idiot, and then just said,
"Oh, ****. Not again."
Everyone laughed and it went down quite well. He turned the entire concert into a Q&A session for about twenty minutes. It was one of the best gigs ive ever been to, and he converted his disaster into a really well done, intimate success.

At Avalon Drive at the EKKA the bassist kicked a bottle of water into the crowd. It clipped my ear and smacked some poor girl right in the face. He climbed down off stage and went and hugged her and all was well.
...In my opinion.
VR. Scott Weiland talking about quitting the band and leaving the stage for like half an hour.
A handful of small local gigs have been particularly painful to witness. Bad jokes, awkward silences, nothing tuned.

Also, when a band - who had been delayed about three hours by the organisers - had their set cut off after their second song, that was pretty bad.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by MightyAl
Hmm.
Well, there was a power cut in the middle of the set when I saw Rollin's Band. And there was the Wildhearts gig when Ginger was 'under the influence', so to speak.

Best band ever!

The Wildhearts' performance at Sonisphere last year was also the most disasterous gig I've been to. An amp cocked up before they could play, and for some reason they had no spares, so they didn't get to play the full set. What pissed me off about the gig was the still played Everlone and The Revolution Will Be Televised in full. If they'd subbed the long endings out for some of their shorter songs then the gig would've been better.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I went to a gig where somebody fainted, nearly died and when we all took care of him and went back inside the bar was set on fire. Boy, I had fun that night.
When I saw Magnetic Man at the Electric Picnic last year I could barely hear the music over the sound of people's voices and dancing so I left early. That really pissed me off. Turns out that the speakers had blown before the set.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Best band ever!

The Wildhearts' performance at Sonisphere last year was also the most disasterous gig I've been to. An amp cocked up before they could play, and for some reason they had no spares, so they didn't get to play the full set. What pissed me off about the gig was the still played Everlone and The Revolution Will Be Televised in full. If they'd subbed the long endings out for some of their shorter songs then the gig would've been better.

They do seem to tour on a pretty low budget. A couple of years ago, there was extensive between-song banter, because they had one tech doing both guitars and the bass.
I remember being in year 8 and watching a lunchtime gig at school and the bass player snapped a string and the guitar amps kept cutting out.

A saw Slash have a near disaster. He jumped up on the monitors and fell back, he saved himself at the last second, nearly landed flat on his ass.
I've had some "near misses" with all my bands.....

- Back in Lithium we played this house party in prattville where some punks showed up and wanted to bitch and complain about the band even though they did not even LIVE in the same neighborhood. Anyway, one of the guys started singling me out and I almost got in a fight with them till my girlfriend, well, I'll leave out that part. Our third guitarist went outside to fight them, apparently the police were called to break up the fight or something. It was at least a huge shouting match.

- When we were still called Smokin' 66' there was that night where my 6 month old Bugera 333XL died twice on stage, the second time resulting in me flying off my rocker and smashing a guitar stand, causing large pieces of metal tubing to fly everywhere, and then badmouth the sales at the music store I bought it from. The only casualties were my footswitch cable, a new dent in the control panel, an audience member found my clean channel volume knob, a kink in my Fender Jaguar's D string, and a broken output jack on tne Jag-Stang. I also had a freakout session with effects that night to vent stress off during one of the number where I someitmes do that sort of thing and damn near passed out from screaming too hard too much into the mic during the solo.....If I remember right. The upside is people thought it was a part of the show.

Worst gig aside from many of those 50 that I heard about was the Nirvana 1991 Trees gig in TX where Kurt smashed the mixer and got into a fight with a bouncer.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)