Hello guys!

I just got my Bugera 6262-212 back from the store, it came with a broken power tube (though I played it for like 2 hours before it broke down). I noticed that my low-end chug palm mutes had very little "punch"/"power" but I thought it was the bad tube. Now when I got it back - it's the same. What shall I do to increase the punch of my palm mutes? I'm playing through a Maxon od808 into the amp.

Help me!

Thanks
I'd take it back, unless you really don't have any other options. Why purchase and keep an amp that you don't even enjoy on the day you get it?

The first thing most people would suggest would be an OD, so it really sounds like it's not the right amp for you, unless you're just not EQing it properly or something easily fixable.
How loud are you playing it?

My v22 through a 4x12 has lots of "punch" and it's not nearly as high gain as the 6262
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I remember when i played mine at 4 volume

I mean if you're used to being litterly punched in the chest when playing chords sure it has no punch.

But at anything under 1 it has little punch tbh but still sounds good
Playing really quiet, like 0.6/0.7 volume or something so yeah.. But tbh it might be EQing, this is my first real amp (last one was a spider, one button amp). Will try to crank it up on sunday when I'm playing with my band.
Settings right now:

Gain 7
Bass 6.5
Mid 4
Treble 6.5
Volume as I said like 0.6
Presence 7
Reverb 2

I mean it doesnt sound bad but it's not perfect, I want that Parkway Drive tight and yet oh so clear sound.

Guitar: Peavey Wolfgang Special EVH with DiMarzios (dno which, I got it used)
yehp it really needs a bit more volume to sound it's best
im still suprised it has no punch with an OD even at a low volume though
i'd rty changing your eq settings
Add some mids...seriously....I bet it will help.

And you deff need some more volume.

Is that your channel volume setting or master volume?
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Add some mids...seriously....I bet it will help.

And you deff need some more volume.

Is that your channel volume setting or master volume?

Okay, will try that then but keep in mind that my Maxon adds quite a lot of mids aswell. That's my master volume, there's no channel volume on the Bugera.
It just needs volume, it's a tube amp.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Do a little experiment:

1. Inform whoever lives with you that you shall be playing your amp for a short period at high volume for scientific purposes.
2. Turn it up, at least to three.
3. Observe if "punchiness" has increased.
4. If it has increased, volume is the problem (most likely outcome). If not, there's something wrong. Faulty preamp t00bz, perhaps?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Turned it up just a tad, to "high home usage volume" and compared to before, the palm mutes is like a punch with a 20 ft POLE from behind. I guess it was just volume, thanks everyone!
FYI....the speakers move air......the more air they move the more you feel it......the louder you turn it up, the more air they move

Glad you got it sorted.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Panikak
Turned it up just a tad, to "high home usage volume" and compared to before, the palm mutes is like a punch with a 20 ft POLE from behind. I guess it was just volume, thanks everyone!

Good to hear!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Now I got another issue, of some reason, my high tones (like when I sweep, the notes on the high E string) squeals or "screams" that it cuts a little in my ears if you see what I mean. Is this affected by too high presence, or do i just need a noise gate?
Yes try turning your presence down
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Presence is to high, and try a few more kids
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
this amp surely has enough "punch" when you crank it lol. i cranked it to 10 (i had good earplugs in of course and was home alone) and it felt like i was spooning with an earthquake. not that you have to turn it up that high to get a good punch, it was pretty damn good at 3. but yeah with the sharp piercing noise, turn the presence down to taste
Okay, thanks a lot guys, the sound has improved a lot but there's still one more thing - feedback. I get enormous feedback when not playing, the really loud BEEEEEEEEP. Could a Boss NS-2 fix that?
Noise suppressor will help, but if you've got a false ground on your guitar, that could be the problem. Sometimes cheap pickups humm alot aswell.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
You might want to back off your gain to about 5 (unless you really need that extra 2 for what your playing), and back up away from your amp. If that doesn't reduce feedback then I don't know. At what volume are you playing now?

I remember I used to play my buddies full stack 5150 in a little shed, pretty cranked (I'd say about 5?), and if I held my strings and turned away from the amp, there's wouldn't be any feedback except a little hiss.

If the feedback is instantly there and doesn't just build up real quick (like normal feedback), then something might be wrong.
Hmm okay, the humbuckers is definitly not cheap so there must be something else. And I mean, having gain on 7 shouldn't be "impossible", I mean why would they make an amp with that much gain if you can't play it without enormous feedback, so I think a noise supressor would be the solution. Trying to lower the gain a tad and moving away from it now
Mine dosen't sound so good on gain when i'm playing quiet, because that's not what it's made for.

About a week ago I played with a band with volume at just under 4 and had to bring the gain down to around 6 because it was just so heavy.

Just turn it up. And if you can't turn it up because of neighbours or whatever then you have to either live with the meh tone or get a practice amp.

Remember this was not made to be played quietly in a bedroom.(Although thats what I use it for )