So i'm getting rid of my old rig, and setting up a new one. My old setup was a Ibanez ART2EX1 running into a Digitech RP500, into my Ibanez TBX150 head, into a Peavey 412. It worked fine, but I'm getting more into my tone, and quality of our live shows. For me new rig, I want individual pedals, because I want the REAL DEAL. My new guitar is a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, running into a Peavey VK100 head and a Avatar 412 with Celestion V30's. I need advice on peals though. I want a Compressor, an OD pedal, and a Tuner for my pedal board. Any suggestion on what pedals to get for a good hardcore/metal tone? Price is not an issue. Thanks in advance - Austin
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
the boss metal core i hear is good for your style
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
Quote by Doritoland

haha, atleast you made me laugh today
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by Doritoland

he said he needed an OD not a fuzzy black thing.

If price is not a problem i would get a ibanez ts-9 for OD and a boss cs-3 for compression.
Quote by J.J.G.
he said he needed an OD not a fuzzy black thing.

If price is not a problem i would get a ibanez ts-9 for OD and a boss cs-3 for compression.

Thanks for having a sensible answer
Theres so many different Ibanez Tubescreamers, is the Ts-9 good for metal? I know alot of metal bands use the Maxon OD808
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
I'd go with the Maxon for OD, they have better tone, and they made the original tubescreamer for Ibanez.
If you're looking for an OD pedal to use as a boost the TS-9 is okay but it has a huge mid hump and lacks bass response. Depending on what type of sound you're after there may be a better pedal out there.

As far as compressors go the Boss CS-3 seems to be a popular pedal. I personally like the Electro-Harmonix Soul Preacher but a lot of people don't.

Imho you'd be better off going with a different amp for a metal/hardcore tone but if you like the VK then that's your decision.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
If you're looking for an OD pedal to use as a boost the TS-9 is okay but it has a huge mid hump and lacks bass response. Depending on what type of sound you're after there may be a better pedal out there.

As far as compressors go the Boss CS-3 seems to be a popular pedal. I personally like the Electro-Harmonix Soul Preacher but a lot of people don't.

Imho you'd be better off going with a different amp for a metal/hardcore tone but if you like the VK then that's your decision.

I've been getting that alot, haha. Is the Bugera 6262 any good?
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by TheFireWithinPA
I've been getting that alot, haha. Is the Bugera 6262 any good?

Like I said, if you personally like the amp then that's your call - the VK isn't a very good amp outside of rock, imo.

However, I don't have any personal experience with the 6262 but I think that's the one that's modeled after the 6505 (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not a big fan of 5150s/6505s myself but I think something along the lines of one of those or a clone of one of those would suite you better than a VK would.
If it was me i'd get a Bugera 6262 instead for those tones.

But the VK head especially inot a V30 cab isn't too shabby. I'd recommend:

OD: Bad Monkey on the cheaper side of things, Maxon OD808.
EQ: MXR 10-band

Even though you haven't listed an EQ, it would really help you tweak out the metal tonez and improve them too.

Compresser wise, i can't help you. Never used one.

Tuner wise, the Polytune? Or just get the Boss Tu-2 or something.
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Compressor:

MXR M-132 Super Comp Compressor Pedal

OD:

Ibanez TS808 or TS9 but I'd lean towards the 808.
Maxon 808 (I'd lean towards this over the ibanez's)

Tuner:

Korg Pitchblack

You might want to look into a noise gate (Boss NS-2 or ISP Decimator) if you're going to be getting into high gain territory.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Jun 4, 2010,