I hate making a thread for this but im seeing tons of conflicting information.
I've got a USA Big Muff Pi and an RP500 im going to use tonight, but im not sure which should go first. I read something in my Rp500 manual that says you should put it after the rp500, but im reading stuff saying it doesn't matter, ect ect.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
I read something in my Rp500 manual that says you should put it after the rp500, but im reading stuff saying it doesn't matter, ect ect.

Huh?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'd worried about this a bit aswell but tbh it doesn't seem to make much difference, perhaps a slight change in sound but its not going to blow them up or anything.
Quote by FuzzLove
Huh?

In the manual that came with the RP500 it says put all analog/other effects after your Rp500. So guitar...to the rp500 to the big muff to the amp.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
I bet the rp500 has an effects loop, put the big muff pi in it. If not put it before the rp500 in the input.
I'd say the Muff before the RP500, only because I wouldn't put a fuzz or a distortion pedal before any modulation or delay/reverb effects. I want my guitar to be distorted, not the effects.

But like someone else said, experiment. Try them both ways. It's a matter of preference.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
I'd say the Muff before the RP500, only because I wouldn't put a fuzz or a distortion pedal before any modulation or delay/reverb effects.

I think he means he wouldn't want his distortion/fuzz AFTER Mod and time-based effects.
Quote by Mullen2105
I think he means he wouldn't want his distortion/fuzz AFTER Mod and time-based effects.

Oops. You're right, that's what I meant.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Thanks dudes
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10