Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about this for a long time, and there is a pretty simple solution to the wars we have so constantly.

The way I've always looked at world politics is that the world is a playground, and all of the countries are different kids. We currently have a very weak supervision in the UN. My solution to the rampant children running around is a stronger version of the U.N.

Basically, you'd dissolve your standing army, and give any troops that wish to join to the UN's army. To everyone who is joined into the stronger UN they get protection, and the need for a military is nonexistant.

They would protect from external threats (countries not signed into the stronger UN) and dissolve the internal threats (something like Hitler) by dealing with it as a police force.

The world police actions of America are often necesary, but it would be better if a higher authority acted on it instead of the United States. Right now the United States going after terrorists is no different than you going after your serial killer neighbor. Yeah, he needs to be stopped, but not by you.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
1. never gonna happen
2. never gonna happen
3. see points 1 and 2

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES

You remind me of dudetheman a little bit.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Well, yeah, because when all kinds of ship breaks loose, you would have to go through several insrances of bueacracy before something happens. And we're all probably dead by then.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
What if someone used that army for bad things?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You're just a dreamer and you're dreaming your life away.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Count Seanula
Who would do such a thing

Me you never know with some people
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
sounds double plus good to me.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
So what you want is an all-powerful one world-government? A global police state?

Enjoy your dystopian wasteland.

Quote by leeb rocks
sounds double plus good to me.

i c wat u did thar
I think any nation would refuse as soon as "dissolve your standing army" was mentioned.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by gsd65
On paper it sounds fantastic but once you introduce it with the real world, it would ultimately fail because the same people running the world today would be in charge.

On paper it sounds bloody terrifying.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
As long as there will be man, there will be war.

Technically the only solution to world peace is armageddon.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Count Seanula
Who would do such a thing

(Invalid img)

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar

I swear he is the evilest looking mother fucker.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
yep... Absolute power breeds absolute corruption, itd end up just like the US. War it too profitable to have world peace.

and havent you ever heard?

you can please everyone sometimes
you can please someone everytime
but you cant please everyone everytime
My futile existance could be summed up in one word

Derp!!!
Quote by RockGuitar92
I swear he is the evilest looking mother fucker.

Now you know why.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Yeah, because any form of world-ruling organization is a good idea.

You can't believe anyone with that much power in their hands, nor can you believe that they are being honest about their intentions. Also, if there is no way for the people to throw down the government, they can rule with as much terror as they wish to.

Either way, you can't seriously believe that "world police" actions such as USA's are necessary or are intended to keep the world peace, or setting a nation free from their bad governments. It is all caused by money and power. Imagine how it would be if they had worldwide power and jurisdiction. You can't have world peace by making an even bigger army force - as long as there are bullies, there will be some victims.
No. Hell no. That idea should be drug into the streets and shot.
Quote by CL/\SH
Worthy of a lulslice

So ... you want something like a Ministry of Peace
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Sounds like a New World Order. No fear my friend...maybe someday it will come to reality. Not that I'm a fan, I'm just a pawn on a chess board.
Oh and btw TS, I think Kant already beat you this theory.

Just saying.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Well there are two options I see to the world, you can have peace, or you can have freedom. It's impossible to ask for the full extent of both. If you want complete peace an uncontested fascist order is the only solution, but freedom is anarchy.

I'd rather have freedom, personally, but this is a way to achieve world peace if the people wanted it.
Quote by jfreyvogel
There will always be war because war - violence in general - is natural. It is the nature of every living thing.

Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

So, basically everyone gives everyone else their armies and we all live under the communal rule of the UN? Would there be an elected leader? A council? Would they be democratically elected from through the constituent nations? Would it be a general election or would it be like the electoral college, i.e. the president and top advisors only? Would they be appointed? By whom? What happens when a tyrannical leader is placed in power over, effectively, the armies of the world?

I feel like vigilante violence would also sky rocket. A lot of the ex-military personel would take it upon themselves to continue fighting for their homeland. Or at least for their ideology. Or perhaps the ideology of their homeland.

England Prevails.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by shattamakar
Oh and btw TS, I think Kant already beat you this theory.

Just saying.

You, Kant, always get what you want
Quote by 451F
So, basically everyone gives everyone else their armies and we all live under the communal rule of the UN? Would there be an elected leader? A council? Would they be democratically elected from through the constituent nations? Would it be a general election or would it be like the electoral college, i.e. the president and top advisors only? Would they be appointed? By whom? What happens when a tyrannical leader is placed in power over, effectively, the armies of the world?

I feel like vigilante violence would also sky rocket. A lot of the ex-military personel would take it upon themselves to continue fighting for their homeland. Or at least for their ideology. Or perhaps the ideology of their homeland.

England Prevails.

It'd work like a confederacy.
The biggest issue with this is not that war is too profitable or people are just evil.

It's once you've go this big world army, who's in charge? Who gets to hold the big red button and give this army their orders? It's pretty wishful thinking that whoever will suddenly forget the loyalty e or she has had to his/her home country for all their life. They'll be a bit biased, at best.
Quote by Kensai
What if someone used that army for bad things?

Nahh, nobody in charge of every countries military forces would ever do that, you're silly, stop being so silly, silly.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.

Nothing like this is ever gonna happen. I say we just blow ourselves up already so we can quit worrying about it and just be dead.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
No way in hell would you want a centralized world government. We're already helpless enough when it comes to getting our government to listen to us, give the power to a global office, and we're completely powerless to do anything. Corruption runs amok and we hold 0 power. We become indentured servants to the bureaucrats that run the world in tyranny.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by saint22
The biggest issue with this is not that war is too profitable or people are just evil.

It's once you've go this big world army, who's in charge? Who gets to hold the big red button and give this army their orders? It's pretty wishful thinking that whoever will suddenly forget the loyalty e or she has had to his/her home country for all their life. They'll be a bit biased, at best.

It works like a bureaucracy, first off there wouldn't be a big red button. The Nuclear bombs would have to be dismantled. Everyone would have to disarm. There would be laws that the countries would have to abide by, like no building of an army, and no violent actions and stuff, but other than that they can do what they want. The army would be small and only used to address breakings of the law.
Page 1 of 2