i'm deciding on maybe buying a BC rich ironbird NJ series made in 1983 from my friend's dad..it come's with a felt hardshell BC rich case, how much would you say its worth? and how much should i offer? it's in fairly good condition, haven't seen it, but will soon.

discuss
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
BUMP

really? not even any estimates to what i should offer?

i saw it, it has like a few hours of play, and it's made is Los Angeles USA?

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Find out what a new one would cost (or the cost of an equivalent model if that specific one isn't made any more), then minus about a third. There's your price. '80s guitars really aren't worth anything, even popular '80s guitars (Kramer Barettas, for example) struggle to hit their original value. BC Rich in particular aren't going to be worth much.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well Ironbirds aren't too popular with UG people...

I'd say somewhere around $500. Most BC Rich USA guitars from then go for about that much. But it also depends on the specs of the guitar.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Well Ironbirds aren't too popular with UG people...

I'd say somewhere around $500. Most BC Rich USA guitars from then go for about that much. But it also depends on the specs of the guitar.

$500 is a definite overexaggeration.

its got a kahler floyd rose, and not sure what pickups, but that's pretty much it.

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
It's not a USA BC Rich. NJ stands for Nagoya Japan. I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
It's not a USA BC Rich. NJ stands for Nagoya Japan. I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks.

huh, right on the back of the head stock it has serials and it says Los Angeles USA

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
I'm hardly an expert on BC Rich guitars, but unless I'm seriously mistaken, the late 70's and early 80's models are very sought after guitars with a great reputation. I can't help you with value, you should just scan eBay for that, but I can tell you that it's worth looking into.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'd say only a couple hundred. I wouldn't pay more for it. You can probably go to their site and e-mail them with your inquiry- I've asked Gibson about an old acoustic I received and they were able to help me date it and estimate the value.
no more than 200-250 check condition and pickups of guitar.. But 80's Bc Rıch not worth much.