Hello fellow geeetar enthusiasts.

It's just occured to me that I have both a Line6 Spider II and a Marshall MG100DFX in my garage (honestly), how lucky am I!

Neither of them are mine, they both sound hilarious.

What shall I do with them on this boring Friday evening?

All for sh*ts and giggles.

x
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Sell them to someone who has no amps? At least they'll be getting used, and you'll have some money in your pocket.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
gain fest.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
1. Plug guitar in the MG
2. Max the gain on the MG
3. Run a cable from MG's line out to Spider's input
4. Put the Spider on the "Insane" channel
5. ???
6. Profit!
Use them like conkers and see which one wins? (I don't really advocate destroying someone else's stuff)

Use them as a stereo rig with as many distortion pedals running into each as you can, and record it?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I've always wanted to hear if Zakk Wylde had it right. Drive over the MG with your car for some crashing overdrives.
"A child can make sounds on a bass that I can't make, so nobody is better than anybody else." - Victor Wooten
Quote by Sguit
1. Plug guitar in the MG
2. Max the gain on the MG
3. Run a cable from MG's line out to Spider's input
4. Put the Spider on the "Insane" channel
5. ???
6. Profit!

This, plus clips of it as well and scoop the living piss out of your mids while doing so.
Neither of them are mine, I can't sell them haha.
Just looking for some fun, thought I'd share the lovely information with UG.

Running them both together with the gain maxed sounds like a lovely idea, though I don't have anything to record it with

Never played through an MG before, sounds like someones just making fuzzy noises with their mouth through a microphone when you turn it up, great. Also the delay is erm, yeah.

I just broke a string! I put on Ernie Ball string on and it brakes within a week, I've used D'Addarios for about a year and never broken one, god knows why people reccomend EBs!... Maybe the awsomeness of the MG just forced it to brake.

I really wish I had a decent mic, I could do some sort of Spider vs MG rumble in the jungle volume 1.

EDIT: actually! I mangaged to record the best audio that any of you have ever heard ever, how do I upload it so you can all hear the thunder of love?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Last edited by FuzzLove at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by Shabadoo
This, plus clips of it as well and scoop the living piss out of your mids while doing so.

And use a ten band EQ to cut even moar bandz of midz! One knob is not enough
I posted the clip in a new thread

Check it ouwwwwt
Getting to borrow an AC30, sweet

Haha, damn. Personally I thought it was pretty informative, kinda like 'this is how a guitar/amp shouldn't sound'.

You could get alot of help from that.

Well, atleast I know now that my other guitarist needs to buy a new amp.
I actually managed to sell my MG half stack today .... My only thoughts as the guy offered up cash was "Dude must not read UG"
Quote by ThatsNotMetal!!
I actually managed to sell my MG half stack today .... My only thoughts as the guy offered up cash was "Dude must not read UG"

That's what I said when mine sold. The guy was psyched about it, too.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
A drummer that I know asked if I want to jam with him and his mate soon, I looked at some pictures of their old band, the guy plays through a MG half stack at the same time as a 30w MG combo, I just couldn't get my head around that at all!

There really is this strange obsession with people thinking that it looks cool owning a Marshall stack, even if it is the cheapest one they make.

In defence of my friend who owns the that I recorded the clip with, he bought it very cheap just for something to play through as he had no amp at all :P

Sounded just beautiful didn't it.
Yeah, you could just run two good amps together, silly.
Eh, people will say what they will about the Spider but the Insane channel get get a cool, nasty-as-hell fuzz sound. Not that that's enough reason to actually buy the amp though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by nightraven
i don't think it's worth the extra hassle of bring an amp as crap as those around just for some stereo spread
and your sig sucks

thems fightin words.

edit: you should get the reference too, there is one in there it's just very obscure >_>
LOL... just LOL...

BTW Zoot, welcome to the group. I just posted a very very informative link, enjoy!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."