Page 1 of 2
I love Jems,but I havent got one for myself at the moment,saving up though

Universes are also welcome..

My main objective is outrun the SG thread,Lets show em that Jems are the best...

so owners post your pics here..

I am gasing for this at the moment..

and this(mostly all jems)

Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 4, 2010,
Would a JEM neck fit on a GAX70??
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
Would a JEM neck fit on a GAX70??

no, the neck heel is a different shape, and the scale length might be different. not sure if the GAX70 is a 25.5" like the JEM. even if it is, the neck heel will screw everything up
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
no, the neck heel is a different shape, and the scale length might be different. not sure if the GAX70 is a 25.5" like the JEM. even if it is, the neck heel will screw everything up

Even if it did,it wouldnt be cost effective at all..a jem neck roughly costs about 250$ last time I checked...
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

Oh nevermind, the GAX70 is 24.75"
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Best of luck beating a thread made of $800.00 - $1,500.00 guitars with owners of $2,000.00+ guitars.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
Quote by SpawnedX
Best of luck beating a thread made of $800.00 - $1,500.00 guitars with owners of $2,000.00+ guitars.

jealously gets you no where, so what if you have a cheaper guitar, there`s gibson, fender, schecter threads all over this forum so why not have a Jem thread.

EDIT:- it might be a good idea to have pics and a guide of fakes so that prospective buyers know what to look for.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jun 4, 2010,
I don't have a JEM, but I really like this one:

^NOT my JEM (I don't have any sort of JEM.)
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I never really liked Jems. They are so pretty, I would feel dirty playing one.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Quote by Mudhippy2011
I never really liked Jems. They are so pretty, I would feel dirty playing one.

Me too. I wouldn't even want to hold it, I'd b afraid it would burn me. Like a defense mechanism against people who aren't good enough.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i get alot of mixed feeling about my jem. sometimes ppl like it alot and sometimes they call me a fag.
i dont know if this is true but some people say that getting a jem is trying to make up for something missing, like playing talent. Like ppl getting hummer to make up for thier small dicks

haha dont flame me tho we're in the same boat i got a jem as well
Jems are beautiful, i just hope their necks are playable and not a piece of paper they call maple
Eh.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
jealously gets you no where, so what if you have a cheaper guitar, there`s gibson, fender, schecter threads all over this forum so why not have a Jem thread.

EDIT:- it might be a good idea to have pics and a guide of fakes so that prospective buyers know what to look for.

I'm far from jealous. I hate the look and feel of Ibanez guitars, why would I desire a really expensive one?

The point missed about my post is that if I start a Squier Strat thread and a 1957 Gibson Les Paul thread, to see which one can get more activity by owners, obviously the cheaper beginner guitar is going to be swarming, since more people can afford it.
Michael
My only objection is the neck(I like meaty necks) and the locking tremolo(At least Satch has the decency to release the JS1600 despite using a tremolo a lot too). Otherwise, from the look to the sound to the shape to the smell, I'd already own one if I could.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^They made a hardtail JEM, it failed epically, and they stopped making it after about a month.
Satch doesnt only have the 1600 either, theres the 6, 600, 700, 2000 and 6000 as well.
Yes, but Steve doesn't just have that one JEM that I thought(And still think) was awesome, he also has the 7V, 77V, 505 and 77. I suppose that if you want to Vai though, you sort of need a trem, while you can kind-of Satch without one, fi that makes any sense...how much do you think Ibanez would charge for a JEM with an AT100 neck and a hardtail?

Steve has had a LOT of JEMs.
777LNG, DY, SK, VDY, VSK, VBK
77PMC, GMC, FP, BFP, FP2, BRM
7VWH, BSB, RB, VSBL, DBK, PBK
555WH & BK, 333WH & BK and now the 505!
I should stop now, he's also got the UV's too
Satch uses the trem almost as much as Vai though.
I dont think they'd do that, they'd probably just tell you to get an AT100
I has a jem, no pictures at the moment, mines outfitted with an OFR though!!
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Edit: @Phil;

A legitimate point; if I had more money, I probably would!

Regardless though, sonically, which is one of if not the most important element of an instrument, the JEM is one of my favourite guitars. The aesthetics are beautiful, though some can be...out there.

http://vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar015.html

Arm guitar anyone?

Ooh, the swirl guitars. That's always been one of my absolute favourite finishes...personally I'd like to see a red/black/deep blue swirl. Doubt that mix would look any good though, the blue kind of misplaces it a bit. That said though, Steve is Steve, so nothing's impossible...

i kind of agree with some of the people that say they wouldn't feel right with a JEM. i kind of agree. not because they aren't great guitars, but i just don't know how i feel about the looks. one day i'll like them, the next i'll think "my RG570 was nicer looking." can't decide! but i'd totally jump on one if i found one for a good price.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i kind of agree with some of the people that say they wouldn't feel right with a JEM. i kind of agree. not because they aren't great guitars, but i just don't know how i feel about the looks. one day i'll like them, the next i'll think "my RG570 was nicer looking." can't decide! but i'd totally jump on one if i found one for a good price.

They're not that much different...

The handle is surprisingly useful.. I played only JEMs for a few months, then put them away for a while and now every time I play an RG style Ibanez I'm always unsuccessfully grabbing at the body when I pick it up or put it down.
Actually, now that I think of it, that's probably why neither of my JEMs have neck pocket cracks yet most of my other Ibby's do...

And the vine inlay, I love it on the FP because it goes with the theme, and it works on the 10th too because of the matching pickguard, but from the 'driver's seat' I prefer the side dot inlays (like an RG3120 Prestige for example), or the pyramids on the original JEMs, although I've never owned a pyramid JEM I'm sure I'd love it.
don't knock the OFR until you stick one in your Jem. Although, I will echo some other thoughts, I have the jem, but I rarely play it, I play my 92 RG550 in the sweetest neon purple more than anything I own.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Uhh, you do know that the SG thread is on their 4th thread already, and they have more then 70.000 posts combined?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
this is the JEM OWNERS thread not oh god i can never afford 1 and hate you and your guitar thread so if you haven`t got a valid constructive view/query towards Jems GET OUT, my mouse is hovering over the report button on several posts i`ve seen here for flaming (grow up).

the other option is we get the thread closed and we set it up properly with rules.
Good job posting pics on this page.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by SpawnedX
I'm far from jealous. I hate the look and feel of Ibanez guitars, why would I desire a really expensive one?

The point missed about my post is that if I start a Squier Strat thread and a 1957 Gibson Les Paul thread, to see which one can get more activity by owners, obviously the cheaper beginner guitar is going to be swarming, since more people can afford it.

i hate the quality assurance, look and feel of Jacksons, but i don`t go into the Jackson owners thread ranting about it. i appreciate that not many peeps are likely to own a JEM (i waited 20 years to get mine), as far as hits on a forum are concerned the JEM OWNERS so guess what it`ll be JEM owners using it probably why i don`t go into the SG thread `cos i don`t have 1, your argument is just pointless.

the post above mine there are pics right before the flaming started. sorry if mine are a bit big i don`t have any editing software
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
this is the JEM OWNERS thread not oh god i can never afford 1 and hate you and your guitar thread so if you haven`t got a valid constructive view/query towards Jems GET OUT, my mouse is hovering over the report button on several posts i`ve seen here for flaming (grow up).

the other option is we get the thread closed and we set it up properly with rules.

yeah that would be better,can you open a good one with rules?I'll make a fake jem guide.
Quote by SquierLolz
Uhh, you do know that the SG thread is on their 4th thread already, and they have more then 70.000 posts combined?

Not every instrument thread is trying to become the SG thread.

Quote by ibanezgod1973
i hate the quality assurance, look and feel of Jacksons, but i don`t go into the Jackson owners thread ranting about it. i appreciate that not many peeps are likely to own a JEM (i waited 20 years to get mine), as far as hits on a forum are concerned the JEM OWNERS so guess what it`ll be JEM owners using it probably why i don`t go into the SG thread `cos i don`t have 1, your argument is just pointless.

the post above mine there are pics right before the flaming started. sorry if mine are a bit big i don`t have any editing software

Actually, before your assumption and attack on me being jealousl, I didn't flame a JEM, actually I didn't flame it in my second post either. It says how I feel about JEMs, show me where I said JEMs are horrible or insulted them. I didn't. Practice what you preach.
Michael
Page 1 of 2