OK, I have an Egnater Renegade 212 combo. I LOVE the cleans. The gain channel is pretty nice too, but when I turn the gain past noon I get a LOT of noise. Humming, hissing, static, etc. My signal chain is like this:

Guitar--> volume pedal --> cry baby wah --> Boss TU-2 Tuner --> Ibanez TS-9 tubescreamer --> Boss NS-2 noise gate --> Amp.

The noisiness is noticeably worse when i kick the TS-9 on. It's so incredibly noisy that the noise gate barely touches it. If I turn the gain down it sounds fine, but I can't get the kind of crunch I'm looking for.

I've been thinking about it all day today at work, and when I get home I'm going to try plugging directly into amp, sans pedals, and see if it stops. I've always heard about pedals being noisy, etc, but I have so few in my chain I wouldn't think that would be the main cause.

As a side note, I'm powering all pedals off one of those one spot daisy chain cords... could that possibly be the culprit?

I'll update once I get home and plug in direct, but if anyone sees anything obvious, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Try getting another NS-2. Some guys in bands like Matt Tuck of bullet for my valentine use two of em'.
If the amp has an effects loop (I'm not really familiar with the Renegade) put the NS-2 in there instead of in front of the amp.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
^ The NS-2 has two outputs, so it can go in front and in the loop at the same time.

OP, maybe make sure your guitar is grounded/shielded. Also, try running your Tubescreamer with volume max, gain 0, tone halfway...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
^ The NS-2 has two outputs, so it can go in front and in the loop at the same time.

OP, maybe make sure your guitar is grounded/shielded. Also, try running your Tubescreamer with volume max, gain 0, tone halfway...

That's the way I have my TS-9 set. I have also tried running the NS-2 in the "X" configuration in the loop.

It seems like it's a problem in my pedal chain or cables. I plugged directly into the amp, and it's MUCH quieter. I'll have to do some experimenting with running the pedals off battery power and isolating them one by one with different cables to see where the problem lies. At least I know it's not the amp.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Get a nice new cable and make sure it is quiet straight guitar > amp.
Now substitute it for one of your current patch cables and try it. No diff? Put the old one back and test the next cable. and so on and so on .........
Test all the cables before running off and buying expensive dodads.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
When I run chains I never use a power source, I've found that they create too much noise, the battery is much quieter and gives a better tone for some reason.

Also, try just taking pedals out of the loop until you find which one is possibly making the noise. And just to point out, try putting your tuner, wah pedal, and noise gate in the FX loop, and just run your volume pedal and TS9 straight up.