Page 1 of 3
im looking for a dog, just as a companion when im out on the road driving and when im fishin on my boat and whatnot.

something that will get me more active, instead of just hanging around the house in my free time, so ill have a reason to get more exercise and all that.

i narrowed my choices to either a hound dog (for the overall coolness and ive heard there interesting dogs if trained right), or a border collie (for the intellegence and loyalty).

the only thing other dog suggestion that i wont go with is golden retriever, because i owned two before and there prone to health problems.

so pit, what kind of dog should i get?

border collie, hound dog, or something else?

poll coming soon

EDIT: wont let me make a poll for some reason
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Sup SRV?

Get a hound dog, call it Elvis. Then teach it, Ain't nothin but a hound dog!
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Came in here to recommend Golden Retriever.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
A pug or a Dachshund. Or a mix. That would be win.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
purebred dogs are usually the most prone to illness due to the inbreeding in all "pure" breeds.

Get a mixture of dogs, something with part labrador or shepard.
Jack Russel terriers are active dogs they're pretty smart and they are good companions. Look into some Jack Russell i own 4 and they are all awesome dogs.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

I guess a border collie would do.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Jack Russel.

Best dog ever.

yep ^ this get that
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

Husky.

Or the border collie, if first is not applicable.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by MasterExploder0
(Invalid img)

Shit, I was scrolling down and did not expect that.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Momentosis
Came in here to recommend Golden Retriever.

sorry. my last two dogs were goldens and the first one died of a infection and the second one died of cancer.

i just dont wanna go through that with a retreiver again, specially after i read there #1 on the list of cancer prone dogs.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Get a Kangal

Turkish sheep dog, my brothers girlfriends mum's boyfriend has one so I have first hand experience in dealing with them and I can tell you that they are awesome!!!
Last edited by the_hoodster at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by k-train
sorry. my last two dogs were goldens and the first one died of a infection and the second one died of cancer.

That's what you get for having happy time with your dogs.

i just dont wanna go through that with a retreiver again, specially after i read there #1 on the list of cancer prone dogs.

That's because their owner's fuck them.

Jack russels are great dogs also
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
That's what you get for having happy time with your dogs.

That's because their owner's fuck them.

Jack russels are great dogs also

ok? that was..... uncalled for.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Get a greyhound, please. They're the greatest companion dogs in the world, and they need a lot of exercise, so there's your excuse.
Here's mine:

Here's a puppy:

And here's a cute grown up one:
hello
Quote by blackflag49
Do the decent thing and adopt one from the pound.

thats actually what i want to do. normally i find them stupid, due to the way the adoption process works around me, but im going to get one out of the pound this time. the younger the dog the better, but if i find a older dog that has the personality im looking for then im happy to adopt a older dog
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
thats actually what i want to do. normally i find them stupid, due to the way the adoption process works around me, but im going to get one out of the pound this time. the younger the dog the better, but if i find a older dog that has the personality im looking for then im happy to adopt a older dog

Go to the pound and let your next dog choose you. They're smarter than we are and not nearly as picky. You'll know who it is as soon as he/she sees you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.

Spanish Mastiff, you're a puss cake if you don't
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Newfoundland.

Also what do you mean by hound dog? You know hound is an entire class right?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Lab or a springer spaniel
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Get a caucasian shepherd

But really, beagles are pretty cool dogs.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by CoreysMonster
purebred dogs are usually the most prone to illness due to the inbreeding in all "pure" breeds.

Get a mixture of dogs, something with part labrador or shepard.
This.
Just go to the pound and pick your favourite. If it's a puppy I would suggest getting one that is lively and plays a lot rather than a quiet one as that can possibly mean the puppy is sick.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by SteveHouse
Newfoundland.

Also what do you mean by hound dog? You know hound is an entire class right?

just any hound. coon hound, basset hound, blue tick hound, anything i find at the pound that seems to be "my dog" when i see it.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by opc100
Get a greyhound, please. They're the greatest companion dogs in the world, and they need a lot of exercise, so there's your excuse.

Greyhound's usually end up having health issues. Cute dog though.
Siberian Husky.

Here's a puppy that looks like Count Dracula:

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jun 4, 2010,

google img

Shetland Sheepdog. I've owned 2 (one was a collie/shetland cross) and aside from all the shedding hair they're the best dogs in my opinion.

My dog Brandy. She died 2 months ago but she was amazing
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by gunther_sucks
Greyhound's usually end up having health issues. Cute dog though.

Cute doesn't come close.

There are WAY too many ex-racers without homes too. Also, there's a greyhound place near TS. http://www.ngap.org/
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 4, 2010,
I'm a big dog guy but have bred Dachshunds in the past. For a big hound you can't beat a Saluki. No genetic problems, minimal grooming and super fast for 20-30 yard dash. They are a great companion as long as you don't want to play. Serious is their thing and will train to whatever is to their advantage (eventually) Best companion would be a Golden Retriever. Great placid temperament, strong but gentle and up for anything. We also have a Rottweiler x Labrador who is the gentle giant here. So good with kids and at 8 years old still like a puppy. Much better than either purebred parent.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Page 1 of 3