Yes, a pitmonkey is going in for an interview at Guitar Center tonight. What are some things to do, and things not to do? (not entirely serious)

I've got my resume and a shnappy outfit, and given the manager a CD with my best recordings. It should go well, and if not, too bad.

But I've been enjoying thinking of some corny stereotypical techniques.

1- Walking in with my guitar over my shoulder. "This? Oh. Just my axe, brah. Take it everywhere"

2- Drawing a guitar on my neck or something. "I've had this tattoo since I was 4, breh. That's just how passionate I am about guitar."

3- Wait for interview by playing Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child of Mine, Freebird, and Smoke on the Water.

4- "I'm SlinkyBlue on UG. Yeah, that's right."

Any ideas?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Interview in a tuxedo like in Step Brothers

or just go in your birthday suit
Quote by TheQuailman
There's plenty of lesbians that aren't obese. I have videos to prove it.
Talk about how much you love Line 6's?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by AlecMag
Talk about how much you love Line 6's?

this, forget whatever preferences you have for amps, the only amp that a customer should be allowed to buy is a line 6

also getting a tattoo and displaying your immense knowledge of music by showing all the Avenged Sevenfold songs you know couldn't hurt either
Ask him if he has family you could threaten if you don't get the job.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Why did you have to give him a CD of your recordings? I didn't know it was an audition for a music school or gig.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid

wear a zoot suit youll look fabulous

talk reverently about squire guitars
idk

just be natural

python edit: sorry for huge ass picture
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by RockGuitar92
Why did you have to give him a CD of your recordings? I didn't know it was an audition for a music school or gig.

Because they are hiring in Pro Audio, genius.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Because they are hiring in Pro Audio, genius.

Because we're suppose to know that from your vague post
Quote by Firenze
Ask him if he has family you could threaten if you don't get the job.

Yep that one ......brah
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

Pretend to know nothing, that way you'll get the job for sure.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I manage a Guitar Center and give interviews. I plan on giving one tonight. I don't think this is a coincidence, and this thread shows me you are unready for the interview and thus, unqualified to work here.
Quote by RawPower218
I manage a Guitar Center and give interviews. I plan on giving one tonight. I don't think this is a coincidence, and this thread shows me you are unready for the interview and thus, unqualified to work here.

Oh no you didn't

-Jim Morrison

You want the job or what?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by WaitWhat?
Pretend to know nothing, that way you'll get the job for sure.

ZING!
ololol gu1t4r c3nt3rz 3mploy33zz r st00pid hAhA lulz u r stupidz 4 w4nt1ng th4t j0b olololol
Slappa tha bass
Quote by RawPower218

You're 16 and manage a guitar center? Somehow I doubt this
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
You're 16 and manage a guitar center? Somehow I doubt this

LuLz, GuitaCenntre is SO BAD itz PoZible.

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Serious post: Be relaxed, don't do anything stupid, make friends with the manager if you can, but don't try TOO hard. Polite conversation and answering all of his questions fully and to the best of your ability is all you need to do.

Pit post: FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
Fap before the interview so you'll be relaxed. What's the worst that could happen?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Tell them you're ready and willing to **** up every phone transaction for used gear, but only after putting the person on hold for an hour
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Look your best. Everyone knows that people want someone that's good-looking. Uggo's have 100% chance of more difficulty in job finding.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Aye, from what I've heard they're definitely not hiring people at Guitar Center for their guitar skills.

Or knowledge of guitars or guitar gear...

Doesn't necessarily mean you should have to send in a CD of you playing though. You don't have to be really good in order to know a lot.

@Slinky
Yeah, because I'm supposed to know that, right? If you are going to respond to simple questions in that manner, you really don't deserve the job.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Let him have you work for a day to see if you are qualified. Make sure you are like this:

Skip the username, call me Billy
if you do get the job then you mind giving some discounts? after all we are fellow UGers right?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Let him have you work for a day to see if you are qualified. Make sure you are like this:

hmmm, that stick GC employee looks like one at the GC near me... O.o
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!