I'm pretty sure my guitar has some sort of grounding problem.

Both wires are attached to the jack, but when I touch the pad that the white one is soldered to, theres this insane buzzing noise.

There already is a buzz when I don't touch anything metal on the guitar.

Last time I got my guitar soldered, I was told that it would need to be sent in to be re-wired and I really don't have the money or time for my guitar to be rewired. Is there anyway I can fix this?

I was considering that copper tape from MF...
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Copper-Shielding-Tape?sku=364741
As far as I know copper tape is only for shielding, not for grounding issues, but I may be totally wrong there

You can get yourself a soldering iron and some solder for £10/$10-12?

Failing that post up some pictures of where you think the problem is and people may be able to offer more advice
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Quote by Casually_Spoken
As far as I know copper tape is only for shielding, not for grounding issues, but I may be totally wrong there

You can get yourself a soldering iron and some solder for £10/$10-12?

Failing that post up some pictures of where you think the problem is and people may be able to offer more advice

I would have thought maybe shielding would fall under grounding issues.

I can't. I don't own a soldering gun, and I'm not handy with one either. There's not enough wire to solder it back on once I cut it off as well, it needs to be re-wired.

There's really no need for posting pictures. Both wires are attached to the plates, but the white wire makes a horrible noise when you touch the plate its soldered to.