Page 1 of 6
I just bought this cd about a week ago and it dawned on me after I've listened to it all the way through about 4 times (no song skipping) that this is not only the best of LoG I've heard so far but has quickly become one of my favorite Metal albums I own. I mean, it won't top MoP, Ride the Lightning, The Blackening or The War Within anytime soon but DAMN, it's already cracked my Top 5!

Personally I started out with Ashes of the Wake about 2 years ago and was only kinda a LoG fan from it because the song structure took a backseat to the riffs and it sounded like the same 3-4 songs but just broking up in 10 songs.

Wrath was the next cd I got and it opened my eyes, or should I say ears to them because for the exact opposite reason of AotW: infinitely better song structure. Still a few boring songs though.

I'm done ranting, why do you like or dislike Sacrament? Assuming you've listened to it
Keep it civil chapps
Last edited by bdof at Jun 4, 2010,
I think this band doesn't belong in this forum
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by 08L1V10N
Why do metal fans hate lamb of god?

they are not metal

Really? What is your OPINION of metal then?
Edit: Oh, and that wasn't my question
edited my post, a little harsh lol
opinion of metal?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Quote by 08L1V10N
opinion of metal?

Indeed

And where would you rather me place this thread? The rock forum? Perhaps the Jazz forum?
The other albums were deeper. Especially the lyrics.
The songs on Ashes really meant something.
But on Sacriment they were blah.
'broken glass and a broken jaw' possibly the worst lyric I've ever heard.
Most riffs were ok but the formula was getting a bit set it stone by this time.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Apparantly, LoG is considered metalcore. I never understood why. It seems like most metalheads these days include LoG in their list of favorite artists.
They fit more in with Nu/metalcore/mall metal crowd than with real metal.To be fair aesthetically it's similar,but the the execution and all around spirit of the music puts it closer to mainstream rock music then actual metal. Of course the definition of "true" metal changes from person to person. But majority rules and it has been decided that LOG among other bands are not accepted as metal by the rules and regulation of this forum(we have a thread near the top, check all the stickies before you make a thread). I suggest getting into Testament,since LOG rips off their riffs anyways.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Last edited by Riffmast at Jun 4, 2010,
Christ, you'd think after all the LoG threads in here someone would get it - whether or not they're metal is besides the point - they are put in the hardcore/metalcore forum for trafficing reasons. They already have a huge thread there anyways.
I don't hate it. The reason it's less popular than Ashes or Palaces is because it's dumbed-down to shit. Randy is great at writing lyrics, but when you follow, say, Hourglass with a song that has the lyrics:
SO GODDAMN EASY TO WRITE THIS
YOU MAKE IT SPILL ON THE PAGE
THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION
THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL EVER NEED

There's a distinct change. It's also a lot less riff-oriented.

Quote by Riffmast
They fit more in with Nu/metalcore/mall metal crowd then with real metal.To be fair aesthetically it's similar,but the the execution and all around spirit of the music puts it closer to mainstream rock music then actual metal. Of course the definition of "true" metal changes from person to person. But majority rules and it has been decided that LOG among other bands are not accepted as metal by the rules and regulation of this forum(we have a thread near the top, check all the stickies before you make a thread). I suggest getting into Testament,since LOG rips off their riffs anyways.

Seriously, 'mall metal' has got to be one of the worst labels I've ever heard.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jun 4, 2010,
They won't ever get it, I'm afraid. Of course we can't estimate how many n00bs even look at the stickies' titles in passing before they start a new thread, but I figure they're in the minority, save the ones who actually read them.

Ah well, just the way it goes. Although lately, the intelligence of the average threadstarter in the metal forum seems to have increased by a large percentage.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by CTFOD
I don't hate it. The reason it's less popular than Ashes or Palaces is because it's dumbed-down to shit. Randy is great at writing lyrics, but when you follow, say, Hourglass with a song that has the lyrics:
SO GODDAMN EASY TO WRITE THIS
YOU MAKE IT SPILL ON THE PAGE
THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION
THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL EVER NEED

There's a distinct change. It's also a lot less riff-oriented.

Seriously, 'mall metal' has got to be one of the worst labels I've ever heard.

Haha, agreed on the mall metal thing
Redneck was a bit........different. Still nice though since it brought it little variety to the mix. Something they had no intention with in AotW
Quote by Riffmast
They fit more in with Nu/metalcore/mall metal crowd then with real metal.To be fair aesthetically it's similar,but the the execution and all around spirit of the music puts it closer to mainstream rock music then actual metal. Of course the definition of "true" metal changes from person to person. But majority rules and it has been decided that LOG among other bands are not accepted as metal by the rules and regulation of this forum(we have a thread near the top, check all the stickies before you make a thread). I suggest getting into Testament,since LOG rips off their riffs anyways.

Bro, when comparing we use 'than' not 'then'.
I'm not a Grammar Nazi or anything. It's just that the difference is so clear. There is no excuse.

Also: Randy didn't write many, if not any, of the lyrics in Sac. He had writers block.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I saw the DVD. Mark wrote some of them, yes? Pretty sure he still wrote a good amount of the lyrics, though.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
This band sounds so bland.
Quote by razorback91

Quote by GaijinFoot
Bro, when comparing we use 'than' not 'then'.
I'm not a Grammar Nazi or anything. It's just that the difference is so clear. There is no excuse.

Also: Randy didn't write many, if not any, of the lyrics in Sac. He had writers block.

Fixed! My bad

For the Mall Metal thing. It basically means, music that seems like metal to people who have'nt been into it for long. But actually has very little to do with it IE Sllipknot,Killswitch Engage,LOG ect Most of it are bands ripping off older styles and joining it together as something new when it's really just poorly done rehash variations of older trends in metal or combining elements that make the music more accessible and radio friendly.
Quote by Steve08

I was under the impression it refers to bands whose fans buy their music/T-shirts at Hot Topic (in malls) and can be found putzing around that general area
Last edited by Steve08 at Jun 4, 2010,
well thats more a result of the kind of music these bands play then anything, i still wouldn't call Cannibal Corpse a Mall Metal band even though they are popular and their music and shirts can be found almost anywhere.
Quote by Steve08

Bottom line right here: Once you listen to more than 8 different metal bands, you will understand why Lamb of God is obsolete and your tastes will evolve beyond their music, assuming you don't have an exceptionally low IQ. Not to say you will hate them or even dislike them, but at the very least, you won't make pointless threads like this. This same rule applies to bands such as Trivium, Machine Head, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Pantera, essentially the entire metalcore genre, and even Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer to a certain, albeit smaller extent, etc etc.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Jun 4, 2010,
Hm, good point. Fair enough.

at dude above that ain't Riffmast: I listen to lots of different metal and I like Lamb of God
Last edited by Steve08 at Jun 4, 2010,
I still enjoy a few of their tunes from time to time as well. But that doesn't mean they aren't generic and inferior to the lesser known gems.
Quote by Penisaur
Bottom line right here: Once you listen to more than 8 different metal bands, you will understand why Lamb of God is obsolete and your tastes will evolve beyond their music, assuming you don't have an exceptionally low IQ. Not to say you will hate them or even dislike them, but at the very least, you won't make pointless threads like this. This same rule applies to bands such as Trivium, Machine Head, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Pantera, essentially the entire metalcore genre, and even Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer to a certain, albeit smaller extent, etc etc.

Or... not. Y'know.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Point is: I have yet to see a well-versed metalhead who ranks LOG among his list of favorite bands, EVER.
'Well-versed metalhead'?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Somebody who listens to a lot of different metal bands from across every genre. Although, this is obviously an undefinable figure, so it is up to personal judgment what a well versed metalhead would be.
Well, i listen to just about every genre Metal has to offer, and i love LoG. So
Perhaps. Although, you probably don't live up to my version of a 'well versed' metalhead.

I'm not saying Lamb of God is a bad band by any means, I'm just saying that with as many different albums as I own, I have absolutely no desire to ever listen to them over another band in my collection. This applies to a lot of metal band's albums I have, I was just making the clear distinction with LoG here for the sake of equilibrium.
Right

A quick look under the bands you listen to. I listen to all those minus say, 10 bands.

Guess you're not well versed either.
^Except I haven't updated that list in at least a year.
Quote by webbtje
I'd be interested to know what that version is.

For example: a Stranglehold, Riffmast, Vampire Goldfish, or Powerslave
So it's all Uber kvlt stuff now?

Not worthy in the eyes of you, i do apologise.

Fuck off.
LoG does sound alright... on their earlier albums... but honestly I feel they are just boring and the vocalist sounds horrible... the guitars and drums do sound good but thats about the only reason I will listen to LoG now... which is mostly never

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I don't really consider but a handful of bands to be"kvlt." It's the internet after all, and it's not hard to discover new bands.